Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have noticed the same thing happening to my HP Pavilion 360, 2-in-1.  Mine happens on the left third of the screen--always in a straight line. multiple touches. any suggestions? 

HP Recommended

I returned my specter 13 inch 4190 x360 to my reseller in Holland and after 3 weeks recieved word.

Hp ( or a repair service from HP ) has replaced the screen because it had a  "defect".

No further explanation.

Hope to do a full reinstall this Sunday,

Will post back if this repair has solved the ghost touch.

btw

they mentioned thad Acer also had issues with ghost touching.

Is there one manufacturing company that makes these screens , and therefor giving diferent brands the same problems ?

HP Recommended

I have a 360 m3-u001dx with the same problem however, my was random on the middle to upper part of the screen. I updated the Bios and it when from occasionally to permanent, making the computer useless. I Google the problem, and one of the results suggested disabling the W 10 driver for the touch screen. This worked, and my pc is functional, but I lost the reason I purchased it.   

HP Recommended

This should be fixed through some kind of driver or firmware. i suggest you to please contact HP support team, they shoudl take care of it.

Please contact HP support.
Please visit http://www.hp.com/ > select the country from left hand side bottom (USA is selected by default) > on next page, on right hand side top, click "connect with HP" icon, you should have options to email HP or call HP.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
HP Recommended

I actually worked with HP on multiple units with the same issues.  They reinstalled, updated, wiped clean and started fresh on 2 different units before offering to refund me the money for the laptop.  I took the refund because I couldn't go without a laptop and was able to purchase a non-touch screen unit with no problems.  Not nearly as satisfying and I do miss some of the functionality of the touch screen, however, I don't miss the problems and the time I had to spend on the phone, writing emails, and sending back units. 

HP Recommended

New lucky guy here.
HP Omen 15-5003nl bought in March 2015.
Everything worked until this Summer when the touchscreen stopped working at all. I took the chance (I had some problems with SSD cable too 😕 ) and I sent it to assistance.
After 1/2 weeks It came back with a brand new screen, but ghost clicks feedbacks started when I was upgrading Windows 8 to 10. After that they appeared sometimes and the screen glass started DETACHING too! 
Then I sent it back (and this is the 4th time in less than 2 years for a 1400€ laptop, wow) and after 1 MONTH (and after ANOTHER MONTH of delivery) and today It came home.

Guess what?
Another new screen and this is what happened when I was upgrading it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7ojBWcMT6tTNzd0XzFSTDVsMGM/view?usp=sharing

I hoped it was some Win10 calibration, but after upgrading everything w/ latest HP drivers I started watching a video with full screen. Suddenly It stopped with multiple ghost touches and it even move to another minute because one touch was on the timeline.

I disabled the touchscreen.

HP Recommended

Update:

I worked with HP support going through all the steps - update drivers, update Bios, factory reset, all that jazz - and the ghost touches continued. Finally they replaced the laptop and the new one is totally fine.

It seems clear to me that there is a batch of laptops in this line from last spring that has a faulty piece of hardware, but HP is not willing to admit this and recall them, or maybe it is not able to identify them by serial numbers.

HP Recommended

@csavage7 Thanks for the update.

I now have a Spectre X360 also and have not experienced any issues so far.  The first sign of the problem and its going in for warranty. Other than that, I am really liking it.

HP Recommended

I can add another report to this stack: mine.

I have an HP Pavilion 13-a072nr x360 and have had it for two years. (It originally came with Windows 8.1 but was eligible for the Windows 10 upgrade when that released.)

Just today my touchscreen starts getting phantom touches, consistently located about 60% from the left.  At one time it was continuously clicking a single spot (about 1/3 from the top) in this location.  At another time it sees scattered clicks from top to bottom, all along a vertical line.

In any case, how applications react is completely unpredictable: one of my spreadsheet files I had to close without saving (losing some minor work) because of all the myriad click-and-drags that were being generated.  Firefox window ended up in an odd location and size on the screen but with no tabs/pages apparently affected.  WordPad window also ended up in an odd screen position/size but did not show any apparent changes to the file open.

I have used this laptop daily for over two years and today is literally the first time it's happened.  Perhaps coincidentally, the computer also installed the latest Windows 10 updates (which required a reboot) before this started occurring.

HP Recommended
I have the same issue. Bought the computer 16 days ago.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.