Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Silverlake
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've seen various (contradictory) posts about using a stylus with the X360 Silverlake systems. I've got the i7-6500 and it has the Windows Ink Workspace in the menu bar. Looking at the system overview, it also says stylus compatible but which one? I've seen reports of the $55 HP Active Stylus working, not working and working but then stopped working. I've also seen posts that talk about some Dell stylus' working but have also seen reports of them NOT working after an update or something else (possibly an eclipse somewhere in Alpha Centauri).

What I really want to know is what stylus can I get to work with my system? I'm trying really hard to avoid dropping $50 bucks for something that doesn't work. I want something I can use in art programs, etc. so I want something more than a glorified pointer. Of the few I've tried that work at all, I've been better off just using my fingers. While I like finger painting as much as the next nerd, I'd like something that's able to take full advantage of my system's capabilities.

So, which stylus' (Styluses? Styli?) work with the system and, in your opinions, which ones work the best?

Thanks in advance!

KJB

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Please let me know the prodcut code for your platform and i will check on which pen is compatible. It will look like XXXXX#ABA or similar.

I am an HP employee

***If my post helped, click the purple thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
HP Recommended

@Thomas_R wrote:

Please let me know the prodcut code for your platform and i will check on which pen is compatible. It will look like XXXXX#ABA or similar.

Sorry for taking too long to respond to this. For some reason I didn't get notified when someone posted in the thread.

The label has a crease in it around the center of the product number and obscures one character so much that I'm going to have to make a guess but this is the product #:

V8U01(U OR J)AR#ABA

Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.