Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (116 Views)

Which active stylus works for Spectre x360 i7-6500 [Silverlake]?

Product Name: Spectre x360 Silverlake
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've seen various (contradictory) posts about using a stylus with the X360 Silverlake systems. I've got the i7-6500 and it has the Windows Ink Workspace in the menu bar. Looking at the system overview, it also says stylus compatible but which one? I've seen reports of the $55 HP Active Stylus working, not working and working but then stopped working. I've also seen posts that talk about some Dell stylus' working but have also seen reports of them NOT working after an update or something else (possibly an eclipse somewhere in Alpha Centauri).

What I really want to know is what stylus can I get to work with my system? I'm trying really hard to avoid dropping $50 bucks for something that doesn't work. I want something I can use in art programs, etc. so I want something more than a glorified pointer. Of the few I've tried that work at all, I've been better off just using my fingers. While I like finger painting as much as the next nerd, I'd like something that's able to take full advantage of my system's capabilities.

So, which stylus' (Styluses? Styli?) work with the system and, in your opinions, which ones work the best?

Thanks in advance!

KJB

Intern
Message 2 of 2 (28 Views)

Re: Which active stylus works for Spectre x360 i7-6500 [Silverlake]?

Please let me know the prodcut code for your platform and i will check on which pen is compatible. It will look like XXXXX#ABA or similar.

I am an HP employee

***If my post helped, click the purple thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation