Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

my friends dad bought him an hp stream (royal blue) for his B-Day  from Walmart using one of his credit cards. He didnt like it because its a chrome book and he wanted a windows based laptop so he sold it to me around  June or July. I really liked it but about 2 weeks after buying it from him for $150.00 I left it out on a kitchen chair to charge 1 eve and my cat urinated all over it do to the catbox being near full and she gets finicky and will pee on towels or anything close to the litterbox that shes never gotten to pee on before. I opened it up after 4 days of dry storage in a bag of rice and tried charging it. It would light up for a second but flash on and off 2 to 3 times albeit very quickly and never coming on or lighting up the screen during the attempt of restaring. I opened it and took some ethel alcohol I believe and qtips and unclipped all plugged in wires and cleaned all terminalls. I did notice in the corner of 2 of the small straps which connected the keyboard to the housing that the connector had some black discolored resido on it and some places were turning slightly blue from moisture and corosion but for the most part I cleaned it well other than 1 connecter which may need a replacement do to the blackened teeth possibly not connecting. It no longer powers on at all as far as the light is concerned that lights up during charging and power cord plugging in. I let it sit for hours on the power adapter and no charge it seems like but I did hear something I didnt before which was a nonstop light clicking sound coming from the top right corner of the laptop possibly around the backspace bar or in that general vacinity any way. I have been meaning to contact hp for months now and send it off and even went to the post office and stamped it shgut to mail off and my 5 year old opened it back up and likes to pretend hes using it like his dad. It really breaks my heart that this thing was brand new when this ocurred and right after just losing my main work computer to an free upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 which I hated so went back to windows 7 but the drivers werent reinstalled correctly and couldnt get it back running. I had to reinstall an old xp I had in the addict which is now back to windows 7 but I never recovered thousands in software applications and pics or any of my files which xp repair backed up and I couldnt locate again. For some reason it took an old copy of a 2004 windows folder and the backedup windows 7 files from apr 2016 and also xp files from 2008 and mixed them all up in different windows folders. They are all scattered about at random and I cant find the windows 7 pro backup which had like around 1tb of files backed up but anywhoo my question is , is there any way to fix my hp stream if its been under 1 year and i have the original ordering info saved from my friend even though it was urine damaged and I opened it up to dry and clean it? If I voided the warranty what options do I have if any? Please tell me theres something that you guys can do that might even borderline on low cost seeing as how Im dead broke. I appreciate any and all help returned my way. God bless

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.