Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
envy rove 20-k000eo
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a HP Envy Rove 20-k000eo, my screen is flickering, I have tried to download the SP64298.exe file and istalled it, but the only thing which happened was that i got a red X on my screen and the problem was not solved. Is there anything else I can try?

/stefan

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@acke51,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the screen of your HP ENVY Rove 20-k000eo Mobile All-in-One Desktop PC is flickering.

This issue could occur if graphics card drivers are not updated or it could be a hardware issue with the display.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

First, you need to boot the PC in BIOS and check if the screen is flickering.

Press F10 when the computer restarts to enter the BIOS screen. If the screen is flickering in the BIOS screen, then you need to replace the Monitor.

If the screen does not flicker in the BIOS screen, then you need to update the graphics drivers.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link to update the graphics drivers: Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for the quick answer, but however it didn´t work, when i restart it in bios its not flickering, then i installed the update for the graphic driver, but it still flickering...

regards stefan

HP Recommended

@acke51,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could be an issue with the user account or the software might be corrupted.

Please follow the link to create a new user account: Managing User Accounts and Logins (Windows 😎

If the issue still persists, then you need to perform a system recovery from the link: Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 😎

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

hello again, i have tried a new account - no succes, and the recovery with the same result...

regards stefan

HP Recommended

@acke51,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could occur if the recovery was not done using the recovery media.

Please follow the link for obtaining the recovery media: Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.