Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Stream 8
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My Stream 8 sometimes forgets that it has a Micro SD card plugged into it. Sometimes it works OK for weeks and sometimes it happens several times per day. It was very aggravating when we were out on Saturday and I was trying to use Maps and I had to pop the back off several times to remove and re-insert the chip.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You might try going to Disk Management to see if you can remount the SD card there to avoid opening the back each time.

To fix it, try reinstalling the Intel chipset driver from hp.com.  If that does not work, you might have to do a fresh installation of Windows 10.

HP Recommended

I just opened Disc Managamant and, of course, the chip is working correctly right now. Finding Disc Management in a moving car (passenger seat) while trying to navigate in an unfamiliar place probably wouldn't be any easier or faster than opening the back but I'll keep it in mind for when I'm at home.

How would I go about reinstalling the chipset driver?

And before I do that do you think spraying the socket & memory chip with contact cleaner might help? It has been my experience that something close to 90% of all problems with audio systems, at least 75% of problems with motorcycle electrical systems and a significant percentage of electrical problems with model railroad equipment can be fixed with contact cleaner but I don't have a lot of experience with computers & almost no experience with tablets so I don't want to mess anything up....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.