Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion x2 detachable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i just bought a new hp pavilion x2 detachable (model as shown in dxdiag) and its ssd is just 32Gb of ssd, it works well,and its good..

but if it can only upgrade its ssd(memory) i can do much, more of it..

so..?? is it possible to upgrade its memory??

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hey there! @gadgetboy, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you would like to upgrade memory on your laptop.

Please provide the product number of your PC. 

I will check if there are any upgrade options available for your laptop.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi'@MrRobot,

where can i find the product number??

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, for assistance in finding the product number of your computer, please click here

Request you to not share the serial number on the forums or any other public website. 

Keep me posted,
If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same question.  I would like to upgrade the memory on my HP X2 Detachable Product # X7U40UA  Is that possible?  

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello, @PamBot

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help 🙂

I went through your product specification and saw that your notebook is using a 32 GB eMMC drive. Check: http://hp.care/2mbKrFw 

I am afraid this is not a replaceable or upgradable part. eMMC is nothing but an embedded MultiMediaCard. This is like an SD card embedded to your notebook motherboard. Hence, cannot be upgraded. 

My suggestion is to use the external hard drive to store your files and use the internal drive only to install the programs.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Please canHP pavilion x2 detachable premium laptop Ram Removed?
HP Recommended

Is it possible to change the motherboard of this device and but one with 64 or 128 gb ?

HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem and i also want to upgrade my RAM Help?

HP Recommended

If we can't upgrade the SSD, then can we upgrade the RAM?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.