Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The content in this tread is for Consumer Notebooks that HP has tested with Windows 8 upgrade. Information may be useful for others, but drivers, applications and/or bios references are related to systems HP has tested and are providing updates for and may not work on other systems.

To determine if your specific system is one of those that HP has tested With Windows 8 and to download the instructions guiding you through an upgrade please go here and enter your Product Number

There are certain requirements that must be fulfilled in order for the wireless devices (WLAN/BT, WWAN), the wireless button (enable/disable wireless) and the Airplane Mode feature to all work in sync on Windows 8.

Requirements:

-  Updated Windows 8 BIOS with wireless button support

-  HP Wireless Button Driver

-  Windows 8 drivers for your Wireless, Bluetooth and WWAN devices

If all requirements are not met then you may experience one or more of the behaviors outlined below

-  Airplane Mode and Wireless Button does not work interchangeably (if you turn off wireless using Airplane Mode you can’t turn it back on using the wireless button and vice versa)

- The various Wireless Status options may be out of sync (wireless button LED, PC settings – Wireless Status, Airplane Mode, Network status in taskbar)

-  Bluetooth device may not appear under PC Settings and may not work

To ensure your wireless devices are working optimally with Windows 8, follow the below instructions.

Update to BIOS with Windows 8 wireless button support.

Check here for an overview of HP’s Windows 8 BIOS updates, or go to the hp.com drivers download page for your product to download the latest Win8 BIOS

Once the bios has been updated you will have a new unknown device in Device Manager with Hardware Id  “ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_6001”

Unknown Device - Wireless Button.png                   

Install the HP Wireless Button driver (SP58720)

Note! The HP Wireless Button Driver will not install if the wireless button device is not present in Device Manager. The Windows 8 BIOS with wireless button support must be installed first.

Install the appropriate Windows 8 Wireless, Bluetooth, and/or WWAN drivers (as applicable for your system)

Qualcomm Atheros AR9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows (SP58498)

Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth 4.0+HS Driver for Microsoft Windows (SP58499)

Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows 8 (SP58848)

Broadcom Bluetooth Software for Windows 8 (SP59021)

Intel PROSet/Wireless WiMAX Driver for Windows 8 (SP59501)

Intel Wireless Drivers for Microsoft Windows 8 (SP58880)

• Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230
  • Intel Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300
  • Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205
  • Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235
  • Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6250 AGN
  • Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200
  • Intel Centrino Wireless-N 6150

Intel Wireless Drivers for Microsoft Windows 8 (SP59925 - not yet available)

• Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 802.11 bgn
  • Intel Centrino Wireless-N 6230 802.11 abgn 
  • Intel Centrino® Wireless-N 1000 802.11 bgn

Intel Bluetooth Driver (SP58416)

Ralink 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter (SP58374)

Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows (SP59181)

Ericsson Mobile Broadband Drivers (SP57728)

Bluetooth 3.0 Devices

Bluetooth 3.0 devices have in-box driver support in Win8. Systems with Bluetooth 3.0 will work in Windows 8, but you will notice that even with updated BIOS and all other drivers installed the wireless button LED status (indicating if the HW is enabled/disabled) may be out of sync with the wireless system status. This is a limitation.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

hello,
can someone tell me where to find a driver for intel proset mywifi?
the wireless driver is working but since upgrade it doesn't find Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter and i can't use my laptop for hotspot.
i used to have installed a software, my wifi dashboard i thing...

wireless card is Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030
sp54900 has copatibility issues - Intel Wireless Drivers, Intel PROSet, and Intel My WiFi for Microsoft Windows 7

this is a link with my notebooks drivers
Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv6-6175sf Entertainment Notebook PC | HP® Support

thank you

HP Recommended
I just got the hp windows 8 laptop for christmas and don't know which internet connection to click on or the password can you help?
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a mini 210-1080NR.  Due to a software problem I had to reinstall the OS. I now have Win 7 Prof working fine on it.  When trying to connect ot the Internet, I get the WLAN module is not present.  I tried installing the "SP48755" WLAN driver. It did not work.  I also opened the bottom cover, removed the WLAN module and reconnected to reseat and show a new piece of hardare was installed. This did not resolve the issue.

So, in Device Manager, the following problems display :

1 - Network Controller (apparently precents me from connecting to the Internet)

2 - Video Controller (no display issues, except my resolution only goes to 1024.

Per instructions of a Forum HP tech before, I went to the Details tab (first line) for both Network Controller and Video Controller and copied the Hardware IDs:

Network Controller: 

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&SUBSYS_145E103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&SUBSYS_145E103C
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&CC_0280

Video Controller:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A012&SUBSYS_3660103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A012&SUBSYS_3660103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A012&CC_038000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A012&CC_0380

I suspect the Video Controller issue will be resolved once I connect to the Internet and update the OS and hardware drivers.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

i followed all these steps but on my Compaq Presario CQ57-302SL the driver of the wifi card is installed as the button but pressing the wifi button i have the wireless card not active. it only switch the fly mode on or off of win 8.

BIOS updated at version F.46, 5.37M (sp59756.exe)

WIFI RALINK 5390 (SP58374)

WIFI BUTTON (SP58720)

NO internet wifi connection, card installed but not active, no switch in available on computer setting (grey)

Called Microsoft customer care and they said the broblem is the wrong driver

can you give any suggestions?

ty

HP Recommended

I did step by step and didnt work :(:( 
I have struggled with that issue around 5 days and nothing!!!
my laptop is Hp apvilion dv6-6c77sa if any1 had that problem and has solved please let me know !!!
thank You

HP Recommended

Same problem! I've got dv6-6c45eg, and the wifi option is greyed out too. What good is a lap top without wifi?!

HP Recommended
tanks
HP Recommended

Hi,

Recently I've upgraded to windows 8 professional.

My pc is a HP ProBook 4530s Notebook PC Product Number:   A6C15PA .

But my bluetooth is not working.

Previously I used thedriver:

Realtek Motorola BC8 Bluetooth 3.0+HS Driver for Microsoft Windows
VERSION:  3.0.82.298

But now the bluetooth is not working.

What should I do now?

Please help me.

Thanks-

Reza

HP Recommended

I Need Help I Need A Driver compatible With Windows 8 Sans titre.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.