HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-04-2013 04:04 PM - edited 03-04-2013 04:05 PM
Hello hychi2. I understand you're unable to get your wireless to work.
What happens if you use the Fn+F12 keyboard combination?
What is the product number for your notebook? I can use this to locate driver software. This document can show you where it is located.
It may also be a good idea to see whether or not Windows is detecting a wireless card installed on your computer. Try the following.
- Click Start, type "Device Manager," and press Enter.
- Expand the "Network Adapters"
- Do you see a wireless card listed here? If so, right click on it and select "Uninstall."
- Reboot the computer and allow Windows to reinstall the driver software.
- Verify whether or not this resolves the issue.
If you do not see a wireless card you should perform the following steps. This will help determine if the hardware is properly installed or if the computer is incorrectly recognizing the device.
- Expand all sections within Device Manager.
- Locate any with a yellow exclamation point or that are labeled as "Unknown Device."
- Right click on this device and select Properties.
- Navigate to the "Details" tab and select "Hardware Ids" from the drop-down menu.
- Post these here.
If you find this helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name. It gives me a Kudos and I really appreciate it!
I will be keeping an eye out for your reply. I hope you have a great day!
04-10-2013 08:25 PM
When I expand all sections, my "Other Devices" show exclamation points for Base System Device. Also my Processors expands to "AMD Processor model unknown"
Also when you mentioned to check for wireless card, what is it supposed to be listed as?? Bluetooth Device?? Or Networking Controller?? Not sure which to un-install.
04-15-2013 03:25 PM
Hello LPZ86. I understand you're not able to get your wireless to work. Is this correct?
Normally the wireless card would be named something like "Brand 802.11/a/b/g Wireless Card" or something similar. It seems as though the notebook is not detecting your device.
I'd like you to install the HP Software Framework and HP Support Assistant. Then run HP Support Assistant, run all of the suggested updates, and reboot your computer. After this you should verify whether the problem persists and post the result.
I'll be watching for your reply. Have a great day!