HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
Search the Community
This HP Community is for Customer to Customer Product Support. First Time Here? Check Out Videos on How to Search, Register, Post and More.
WiFi driver for Ubuntu 10 - HP Mini 110-1115SA PC (1204 Views)
02-13-2012 02:56 AM - edited 02-13-2012 03:00 AM
- Product Name: HP Mini 110-1115SA PC
- Product Number: VK952EA#ABU
- OS: Ubuntu 10.04.3 Desktop (tested with 10.04 Netbook and 8 as well with no success)
- Error Message: None, just not responding.
- Changes: Booted Ubuntu first, than normal Win 7 Starter, no firmware, except for one special button driver, everything else works perfect on Win and except for WiFi on Ubuntu as well.
- My Netbook was in need for reboot and I was in need for Ubuntu OS, so I decided to solve two problems in one step. Everything was going just fine, I even managed to avoid using 99% of HP firmware (which is only for windows anyway, so it should have no effect on the problem), so my netbook runs splendidly now. But when I wanted to connect under Ubuntu, I found out, that my OS doesn't communicate with my Broadcom LAN. So I decided to look for driver, but it appeared to be more difficult than I have expected. Drivers provided on HP website are only for Win 7 and Win Vista and drivers by Broadcom, well, in my opinion, broadcom website is one big mess. I managed to find same driver that HP provided (for windows) and some useless applications. Then I tried to find help in Linux community, but I found out, that my WiFi should be supported and there shouldn't be any problem. I tried also other versions of Ubuntu, but it has no effect, although, when I used Parted Magic, wifi worked just fine...
- I will be thankful for any help or advice.
- Thanks for reading.