Question

Honor Student
amlan
Message 1 of 7 (10,805 Views)

Access internet using SIM card

Hello friends,

can you guys tell me how to access internet using a SIM card. And which driver i've to install and all?

I'm using hp mini 110-1051TU with XP sp3.

Thanks in advance:smileyhappy:

Student
basilb
Message 2 of 7 (10,776 Views)

Re: Access internet using SIM card

Same question.  Furthermore HP says facilities are available in selected models, but does not specify which models these are.

Teacher
JAZZER
Message 3 of 7 (10,734 Views)

hi inorder to be able to acess the internet on your laptop uaing the sim card you need to have a WWAN module present in the laptop.if you dont have the module then you can buy one from the service provider.but it would be an external usb one.

the only advantage of having an internal one would be that u can use it with any sim card where as the external one would be locked to the specific service provider.

if you want to have an internal one then you would need to go for another computer.

HIT STAR IF THIS ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION.

Student
helawe
Message 4 of 7 (10,507 Views)

I have Hp pavilion Dm- 1 1090ev,It has sim card slot at the back.But when I insert CDMA card it does not work could you pleas tell me what is wrong with my computer?

Student
vektor
Message 5 of 7 (8,454 Views)

i have HP PROBOOK 6540b 

can i connect to internet using the sim card ?

does this laptop have WWAN module ?

Student
arzoo3519
Message 6 of 7 (4,124 Views)

me mere laptop me sim se net connect karna chahta hu maine hp customer care me call kiya vanha se mujhe connection manager 3.0 download ki link di par isme kuch wwan name ka kuch error aa raha hai to aap maise kisi ko aata ho to plz mujhe bataye.

Honor Student
Signal518
Message 7 of 7 (1,806 Views)

I have the same laptop with the same issue. I think it's that tmobile stinks. It's obviously not us.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation