After a system restore, i can no longer connect to my wireless network. computer is HPG71-448CL (706 Views)
Student
RDSHAW
Message 1 of 2 (706 Views)

After a system restore, i can no longer connect to my wireless network. computer is HPG71-448CL

Had a system restore done on my computer, and now I can't connect to my wireless network

I know it's not my CLEAR device or modem, because my other laptop runs just fine.

It is a new computer, and up to about a week ago, was working just fine.

It has given me error messages such as:

No connections available

when i try to connect to the internet, it only gives me the options to connect using DSL Cable or Dial Up.

Please help me.  I know it has to be a simple fix, and i have a hard time paying an HP support rep $99 to fix it by phone............

Or should I?

please help:smileysad: 

Distinguished Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 2 (697 Views)

Re: After a system restore, i can no longer connect to my wireless network. computer is HPG71-448CL

99 dollars?? I'm cheaper, just few pints of San Miguel..:smileyhappy:

Go to the system tray at the right bottom corner (clock, date, icons, etc..) and find HP Wireless Assistant. Make sure that the wireless device is ENABLED!! You can switch it on by the manual switch but it has to be enabled by HP WA as well. You can find HP Wireless Assistant when you left click on the Start button in Programs. If you can't find the wireless card in HP WA, go to the Control Panel/System/Device Manager and see if the device is installed and working..

Dv6-7000 /Core i5-3210M/GF 650M/8GB/Intel Wireless-AC 7260/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Jessie

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation