Question

Honor Student
dave_8423
Message 1 of 2 (714 Views)

Atheros AR9285 wifi adapter

i have an HP G61 notebook and recentley when i get on the internet i get messages like yahoo.com cannot be found. when i exit out of internet explorer and try again its fine but when i load another page like facebook.com for instance i get the message facebook.com cannot be found so i exit out of internet explorer once again go back in and its fine again. this is really starting to annoy me esspecially since i bought the notebook and a week later i had to have HP send me a new recovery disc as my notebook would not boot up propely. i need help resolving this issue before i sell my 3 week old HP notebook and get a dell.

Teacher
ksnr2006
Message 2 of 2 (643 Views)

Re: Atheros AR9285 wifi adapter

Try to reset the IE using the steps below:

Before you reset the IE, you must close all the Internet Explorer window in your notebook:

click Start button

Type the following command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER:
inetcpl.cpl

The Internet Options dialog box appears.

• Click the Advanced tab.
  • Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
  • When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
  • Start Internet Explorer again.
  •  

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
    Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation