Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Paul;

Thanks for the info. The patch really fixed the access problem to the internet. But...

Now, that I have access to the internet, I lose the connection quite often.

DO you have any good recommendations? 

HP Recommended

Hi, Sal:

Try changing the router's broadcast channel to 11 or 1 and see if that helps.

The card may be sensitive to interference on the default or auto channel setting.

You will need to know how to access your router's web based wireless configuration menu.

Check your router's on line users guide for further info if you don't know how to access the menu.

Paul

HP Recommended

This link fixed my issues before.  I've since had to wipe my laptop and reinstall everything.  I am again without wireless internet.  The link you provided no longer exsists.  Do you know where I can find a driver for this issue?  I've used the hp site to update my driver according to their site but the connection problem still exsists. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul;

I changed the chanel to 11 since yesterday and the internet has become more stable: number of random "shutdowns" reduced dramatically in the last few hours. I will keep on checking. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Sal.

Hopefully it will keep stable.

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi, bereabolins:

Thank you for bringing the bad link to my attention.

I have edited my first post, and re-linked the lastest HP driver for the Atheros wireless cards listed there.

Paul

HP Recommended
Paul,

Thank you! This fixed my wireless connection issue again.

bereabolins
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to read you're back in business.

You must have that finicky AR5007 card.

HP Recommended
I downloaded the latest version but I still cannot connect..
HP Recommended

Yes i heard that. They have done a great job.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.