Question

Student
greenwireless
Message 1 of 5 (16,952 Views)

Blue wireless light won't come on (stays orange)

Folks,

I am wondering why my blue wireless light is not coming on anymore. I found the wireless light staying orange today 9adn no wireless) after restarting my laptop. I toggled between wireless off (orange light) and wireless on which gives usually a blue light but no luck. i restarted the machine and still  no luck. I physically pluggged into my network and the connection worked, but no wireless was detected. Help???  Thanks

Intern
HP_T3CH
Message 2 of 5 (16,948 Views)

Re: Blue wireless light won't come on (stays orange)

Hi,

Please try this..

Uninstall hp wireless assistant in programs and features...

reinstall it again in recovery manager.....

or if it works without reinstalling it back then its ok....

Hope this helps...

Student
nylicfred
Message 3 of 5 (16,913 Views)

When I started my Presario V6101US today the blue light did not come on and after several restarts stays orange.   This is the second time this has happened.  The first time was approximately 18 months ago.  At that time there was a recall because of a defective part.  Can you provide instructions as to how to "Uninstall hp wireless assistant in programs and features... reinstall it again in recovery manager.....".  If that does not work what part is defective?

Intern
HP_T3CH
Message 4 of 5 (16,885 Views)

Hi nylicfred,

Remove Hp Wireless Assistant    Start> control panel> Add or Remove programs/ Programs and features >click on hp wireless assistant and click remove...

Install HP Wireless Assistant Start> All Programs> Recovery manager> Software Program reinstallation> HP Wireless Assistant and click next to Install

Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 5 (16,842 Views)

@nylicfred

In XP it is in Control Panel, Add & Remove Programs to uninstall. You can also try downloading and installing latest version of HP Wireless Assistant and Broadcom Wireless driver from your models page HERE

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation