Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Is there any other drivers?

HP Recommended

Hi @ACS3

I have included the photo that you had sent me. You will notice that I have highlighted in yellow all of the devices and driver's that need to be removed before installing the driver is going to work for you. 

bluetooth.PNG

I see that you have an Android Phone attached. Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

I also see that you have Bluetooth, Bluetooth Device and Bluetooth Profiles Devices. Please remove any and all USB/Bluetooth Devices as them being connected during troubleshooting can cause issues. 

Then please uninstall everything under Bluetooth, Bluetooth Device and Bluetooth Profile Devices. You have two Ralink driver's installed at this time already listed in the Device Manager. We need to have them and anything they are communicating with removed. 

After everything has been uninstalled in those categories, please click the Action button at the top of the Device Manager and select Scan for Hardware Changes. This should put the proper driver back into the Device Manager. 

Please re-post let me know how these steps went and send a picture of what your Device Manager looks like after the steps.

Thank you! 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

IMG_20151126_121442.jpgIMG_20151126_121238.jpgIMG_20151126_121320.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks bro,now my bluetooth works.But after adding the bluetooth device(my mobile) it shows offline and when I'm trying to send files or pics to laptop it shows failed.Give me solution.Thank you  :generic:

HP Recommended

Hi @ACS3

I am so glad that you got the Bluetooth to work. Have you tried only connecting one device at a time? Take everything else out of the equation. Make sure that nothing is in the Device Manager other than the one device you are trying to work with. 

I had provided documentation in my first initial post to you about Bluetooth and Devices. I am going to provide those links and descriptions for you again here: 

Using Bluetooth Devices: This document may be helpful because it walks you through connecting devices.

Understanding and troubleshooting Bluetooth wireless technology: This document has other helpful information about drivers, making sure everything is Bluetooth enabled, fixing Bluetooth problems, etc. 

Connect to Bluetooth Devices: This link is from Microsoft. 

Please follow those links, hopefully, they help. 

Please click the 'Thumbs up' if the troubleshooting steps in this post resolved the issue. 

Thanks! 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

I'm having windows 8.How can I upgrade to windows 10.Is it necessary of upgradation to windows 8.1 and for upgradation is  back up necessary?

HP Recommended

Hi there @ACS3,

Here are the documents for you to read over before upgrading to Windows 10. They have all the answers to your questions. 

1. Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive -  HP provides a recovery solution on the hard drive, but it is still a good idea to have a recovery solution on a USB storage device or discs. A disc or USB device can be stored in a safe place and used in the event of a hard drive failure, a hard drive format, or in the event you change the operating system. It is absolutely always the safest bet to make a backup just in case. 

2. Backing Up Your Files (Windows 10, 😎 - File History automatically backs up files that are in your libraries, contacts list, favorites, and on your desktop. If the originals are lost, corrupted, or deleted, you can restore one file or all the files. You can also find previous versions of your files from specific dates.

3. HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10 - Upgrade your notebook to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 using the instructions in this document. This document also has many different categories with information that should be very helpful given the questions you are asking before making the Windows 10 upgrade. 

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating for Windows 10.

There are no drivers available on the Software and Driver Support page for your HP Pavilion g6 2229tu Notebook PC and Windows 10. Updated Windows 10 drivers will become available and be released as they become available to HP. That doesn't mean that you cannot upgrade (provided your Notebook meets the required specifications). 

Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the 'Thumbs up'. I hope this helps! 

Have a great day! 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,recently I upgraded my laptop to windows 10.While sending files from my phone it shows failed and when I'm searching for devices from my laptop it shows always searching......I asked microsoft community they recommended me to contact your manufacturer for latest bluetooth drivers.So,please provide me solution.Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi there @ACS3

I had provided documentation in my first initial post to you about Bluetooth and Devices. I am going to provide those links and descriptions for you again here: 

Using Bluetooth Devices: This document may be helpful because it walks you through connecting devices.

Understanding and troubleshooting Bluetooth wireless technology: This document has other helpful information about drivers, making sure everything is Bluetooth enabled, fixing Bluetooth problems, etc. 

Connect to Bluetooth Devices: This link is from Microsoft. 

Then please uninstall everything under Bluetooth, Bluetooth Device, and Bluetooth Profile Devices again and make sure that not more than one Bluetooth device is connected at a time. 

After everything has been uninstalled in those categories, please click the Action button at the top of the Device Manager and select Scan for Hardware Changes. This should put the proper driver back into the Device Manager. 

I had previously posted and said, " There are no drivers available on the Software and Driver Support page for your HP Pavilion g6 2229tu Notebook PC and Windows 10. Updated Windows 10 drivers will become available and be released as they become available to HP". So there are no Windows 10 drivers available for  updating. 

Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the 'Thumbs up' if the troubleshooting steps in this post resolved the issue for you please click the 'Accept as Solution' button. This will allow other's who have the same issue to find the solution also. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. 

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.