Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently bought my new laptop, and yesterday while trying to send a photo from my phone to it, the files weren't being sent, even though it said the phone and the laptop were connected,  it mentioned something about Image Push, but I am new to HP, so I am unaware of what exactly it is and desperately need help, Please could anyone help me with this, I would really appreciate it as I still haven't been able to send the file through bluetooth. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

D3,

You said,

"bluetooth peripheral  wasnt installed successfully"

You said,

"a photo from my phone it it was sorted out but it says ' ünable to connect"."

I am a bit confused by what you are saying, but I do understand "unable to connect".

• It is time to go back to the information I sent you and go through the setup.
  • You can also use the HP Connection Manager to help you do the work.

Here is the Connection Manager software.  Download and install it.  If your computer already has the software, it will say so, otherwise the package will install...

HP Connection Manager sp54945 V4.1.25.1

After the software is installed..

And you want to use the HP Connection Manager software,

• Make sure your Wireless is ON,
  • Then, look in your Taskbar for your Connection Manager icon HP_Connection_Mgr_icon.PNG  and
  • Double-Click to start

If you do not see the Icon in the Taskbar, you may do the following:

Start > search / type "HP connect" >

Click on "Hp Connection Manager" when you see it in the Start list

Below is a HP Connection Manager Help File.

The document explains how to use the Software to connect your Bluetooth (and Wireless) devices:

Connecting to a Network with Connection Manager 4.x

Good Luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you appreciate the effort…

Please Click the Kudos Star on the Left to say "Thank You"!

Is it Solved? Make it easier for other people to find the Answer:  

Please Mark my PostAccept as Solution” to say "Yes!"

Remember:  The more information you provide, the better help you can receive.

Always Include:  (Notebook) Product Number  ,  Printer – Model Number ,

Operating System and an Error Description

Never give out your Serial Number

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi,

It may be on your notebook's side - not quite set up yet...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image Push:

BIP may be broken down as follows:

• Image Push: Allows the sending of images from a device the user controls

Source:

Bluetooth Developer Portal

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Understanding Bluetooth on your new Notebook:

• There is a bit of information to go through.  Fortunately, it is easy to understand for the most part and well written for the "hook up and go crowd".   

• Please scan the bits that you don't need as much and then read more carefully the parts that you do not yet understand more thoroughly.

• One thing you might want to do is go to your computer's website and make sure you have all your Bluetooth drivers (software for the Bluetooth).  It is possible, even with a new notebook, that something needs to be updated.  It's largely a matter of finding the driver, downloading it, double clicking... If the driver is needed, it will install, else the system will say "You have this.", "The version is the same / old / ... " whatever.

• OK... Here are the documents and the general information so you can check your drivers and make sure you have all your Bluetooth updates... Note that all these documents call one another... no need to worry about losing one.

Understanding Bluetooth Wireless Technology

Setting Up Bluetooth Connections with Windows 7

Notebooks - Fixing Bluetooth Problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genereal Instructions...

Download New Network Driver for your Computer:

• Go to the top of the HP forum page to Support and Drivers
  • Enter your Computer Model information, and then go to Software and Drivers...
  • Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu...  Scroll down
  • Look for category Driver - Network
  • Select the appropriate Wireless LAN Driver OR Bluetooth (wording may differ) – if available for your system
  • Save the appropriate *.exe installation package on your computer

NOTE the name and the location - the *.exe file will likely save to "Downloads “

• Install the Software / Driver installation package:  If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package(s) and “double-click” to install, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.

NOTE:  There is sometimes a lot of information at the computer’s website.  Be sure to take an extended look at what’s available.

=========================================================================

Good Luck!

When you appreciate the help…

Is it Solved? Please Click this Post “Accept as Solution” to say "Yes!"

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

i've tried the general instruction. i clicked the support and drivers,and follwed the instructions also clicked the SOFTWare as you said but   i can't find operating system, WLAN or  either bluetooth.  i  am kinda new to this and  if you dont mind if you could guide me a lil. i am struggling to understand this kinda stuff lol. thank you so much.

HP Recommended

Hi D3,

The Operating System is for you to select from the Drop down list.

The Operating System is the Software that runs your computer, for example:  Windows 7, Vista, or XP.

On the Software and Drivers Download Page, you might see a selection that looks similar to the following example. Your drop down selection list might include Vista or XP, this example is from my notebook and just shows Windows 7.

How to Select the Operating System:

• Click on the Drop-Down Menu and Select your Operating System (if available)
  • Click "Next"
  • Scroll Down to be able to see the Categories of software available for your computer

Software-Downloads_OS_Select.PNG

• Next, you can Click "Show All" to open the Categories.
  • Click on a Selection in the Category to "pick it".

What is the Product Number for your Computer?

Here is how to find it:

Locate the Notebook Product Number

What is your Operating System?  Do you have Windows 7?

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

😞 i've tried over and over but   it seems like my laptop model  model is not listed in the options.

this is the model - g6-1250sj

HP Recommended

by the way how can i choose the right driver to download?

HP Recommended

d3,

Here is your Link:

Software & Driver Downloads - HP Pavilion g6-1250sj Notebook PC

Next enter your Operating System... and follow the instructions in the previous post.

The driver list will only have what is right for your Operating System and your computer.

If you download a driver, try to install it, and the driver is already on your computer, the system will tell you.

This is not the most scientific way of doing things, but considering things, it will work.

Good Luck!

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

i downloaded the Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver  and installed it,  after that it says the bluetooth peripheral  wasnt installed successfully  . when i am try  to bluetooth a photo from my phone it it was sorted out but it says ' ünable to connect". what should i do next? . i really appreciate you helping me.

HP Recommended

D3,

You said,

"bluetooth peripheral  wasnt installed successfully"

You said,

"a photo from my phone it it was sorted out but it says ' ünable to connect"."

I am a bit confused by what you are saying, but I do understand "unable to connect".

• It is time to go back to the information I sent you and go through the setup.
  • You can also use the HP Connection Manager to help you do the work.

Here is the Connection Manager software.  Download and install it.  If your computer already has the software, it will say so, otherwise the package will install...

HP Connection Manager sp54945 V4.1.25.1

After the software is installed..

And you want to use the HP Connection Manager software,

• Make sure your Wireless is ON,
  • Then, look in your Taskbar for your Connection Manager icon HP_Connection_Mgr_icon.PNG  and
  • Double-Click to start

If you do not see the Icon in the Taskbar, you may do the following:

Start > search / type "HP connect" >

Click on "Hp Connection Manager" when you see it in the Start list

Below is a HP Connection Manager Help File.

The document explains how to use the Software to connect your Bluetooth (and Wireless) devices:

Connecting to a Network with Connection Manager 4.x

Good Luck!

When you appreciate the effort…

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

after i restarted twice and try to bluetooth from phone to  the laptop it go through. thank you so much for helping me   appreciate it . 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.