Question

Student
tommifx
Message 1 of 3 (693 Views)

Bluetooth stops working at some point

Hi!

I have the HP EliteBook 8440p with Windows 7 x64 Prof. and I want to use the V470 Logitech Bluetooth mouse.

When I start Windows the mouse works fine, but after a while it stops working. It seems as if the bluetooth module turns off, but I have no idea how to turn it on again.

I did not touch the Wireless control button, nor does it help using it after the bluetooth is gone. Interesingly I also do not have a bluetooth symbol in my control Panel, but the bluetooth drivers from HP are installed...

Any hints or suggestions what this might be?

Thx

Thomas

Student
rjrizka
Message 2 of 3 (544 Views)

Re: Bluetooth stops working at some point

I have a Pavilion dv6-3267cl running on Windows 7 x 64 platform. I was using a logitech wireless mouse and I suspect my drivers are incompatible with the new platform.was using this on XP. Do I need to disable the touchpad before install the new drivers or can I simply turn the touch pad off? 

BAJ Top Student
Top Student
BAJ
Message 3 of 3 (241 Views)

Re: Bluetooth stops working at some point

Have you tried disabling BT power management?

Skip the first part, look for the "Bluetooth Power Management Setting" heading.
http://sherylcanter.com/wordpress/2010/01/bluetooth-mouse-losing-connection-no-more/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation