Question

Honor Student
LWR1982
Message 1 of 3 (4,130 Views)

Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1X1 Wi-Fi Adapter not reciving Signal

[ Edited ]

The Netbook DM1 4109 AU, Serial Number [removed for privacy] and product number A9Q67PA.

This laptop is supplied with network adapter Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1X1 Wi-Fi Adapter. This adapter accepts radio signal of only 2.4GHZ not 5GHZ. Most of adapter receives signal of both frequency. Due to this inbuilt error this laptop do not catch Wi-Fi signal at many places.
This technical error was never ever told to us either by HP salesman, service centre or call centre.

Now I request you to Kindly suggest the suitable wi-fi card which receives both the signals (2.4GHZ and 5GHZ)and compatable to our system.DM1 4109AU.

Thank you

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 3 (4,054 Views)

Re: Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1X1 Wi-Fi Adapter not reciving Signal

In my experience, most consumer models do not have dual-band adapters included.  I personally have not had a consumer model notebook that came with a dual-band card, but I also have not had any issues getting connected to any networks anywhere (work, school, or public wifi locations).  

If an external adapter is suitable, this wireless adapter supports dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wireless N.  If it is not too much of an inconvenience, this is what I recommend as it will be less hassle and will work as intended.

This Mini PCIe will do what you need it to, but I am not certain what it comes with.  You may need to download the drivers from Intel ahead of time if you select this card.  The card will work for 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz, but it will only use two antennas since that is what your notebook will have.  You may not get the full performance the card is capable of as a result.  It may even be necessary leave one of the corner connectors (default has a connector on each corner) disconnected and connect one antenna to the middle connector to get the dual-band feature.  HP does not support this card or be responsible for any feature that does not work as expected.  The netbook was designed with a single band network card.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Student
sudu
Message 3 of 3 (3,054 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation