07-01-2013 11:34 AM
I am using a new h8-1520t computer.
My wireless is card is: Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2x2 Wi-Fi Adapter.
Will that wireless card also work on the 5GHz WiFi band?
My router is 2.4GHZ only and that band is very overly congested (heavily used in my neighborhood).
This question was solved. View Solution.
07-01-2013 01:21 PM - edited 07-01-2013 01:23 PM
Yes, anytime you see a wireless card listed as ABGN, the A lets you know you can also run it on the 5.0 GHz frequency.
If you see a wireless card listed as BGN, that is a 2.4 GHz frequency capable only wireless card.
Make sure you see this description in the Device Manager under the Network Adapters section and not just by reading the specs from the website.
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)