05-31-2012 01:58 AM
My hp pavilion dv6736nr notebook is having issues connecting to wpa2 - personal wireless connections. It will connect to other connections types, such as WEP without any problem. When I try to connect to a wpa2 - personal it will only give me local access, and not a successful internet connection.
05-31-2012 02:12 AM
Check to see which type of encryption you have the WPA2 -personal set to. There are two encryption methods that WPA2 uses : one is called Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and the other is called Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP).
TKIP does offer better compatibility than AES. That may be the issue you are facing.
Don't use WEP if you want to keep your bandwidth limited to your household . WEP is way too simple to crack.
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
2015 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)