Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Huzzah! Of all the "try this" options you sent me, it was the very last suggestion that seemed to do the trick.

In the "Advanced" section of the wireless adapter config, there was a long list of "features" that could be configured. The very last one was "wireless mode". It is a drop-down list, which originally had "802 a/b/g" selected. I selected "802 b", and after that it connected immediately. I tried putting it back to the original setting as well, just to make sure that was the thing that fixed it, and sure enough, it couldn't establish a connection again until I reset it back to "802 b".

I would have thought the hardware could have done a better job of "downgrading" the connection mode until it found one that worked. Maybe it was trying "g" and somehow thought it was sort of working, and didn't try "b".

In any case, I'm happy to be online again in my coffee shop. It's where I do some of my best coding, and not having google access for research was forcing me to continue lugging my MacBook Pro around.

Thanks for you help!

HP Recommended

Thank you, DaGuru!! So glad you were able to help dmorrill (and I'll keep your tips handy for the next time I can't connect somewhere - good to know). 

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
HP Recommended

I have been having problems with BT hotspots (Home Hub hotspots) and I can never connect to them. However I agree that manually changing to Wireless B (maximum of around 13Mbps) is the only solution. But I assume this is a very manual process, and indicates a problem with the X360's wireless card. Can it be fixed by HP?

HP Recommended

We understand your frustration and appreciate your patience - I can only say that the issue is currently under investigation, but will update you here if/when I hear more! Thanks.

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
HP Recommended

I had exactly same problem with several wifi networks and the suggested solution fixed the problem. I hope HP will release an update to fix this important problem with spectre x360.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.