Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Recently I have discovered that I can't connect to the internet via wireless.  When i try to enable wireless, it always tells me that i have to simply turn it on using the wireless button. Ironically, it does not tell me where this button is and neither does the manual.  Is there a function key combination or am I blind?

thank you so much.

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended
click start,click control panel,click classic view on upper left, scroll to the bottom line of icons and click mobility center, at mobility center,upper right click turn wireless on.
pavillion ze5620us / xpHome sp3 /intel(r) celeron(R) 2.80 Ghz / 1024ram /60gb
Bios version KF_KH.F.18 / internet explorer 7
HP Recommended

Hello,

HP provides a utility that makes it easy to turn on/off wireless adapters or bluetooth. Simply type in Hp Wireless assistant in the Search bar and it will find it.. Fairly easy to use - You can also manually turn it on or off by using the quick launch button that is located on top of the keyhboard area and shows an Antennae with some lines around it. Here is a document that will help.  http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00752193/c00752193.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USE...

regards,

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
HP Recommended

there is a wireless button and the newer laptop are on the

surface of the laptop below your monitor when open

on the right corner side

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01526310.pdf

go to page 4 and look at #10 you will see the wireless symbol

and to button

i hope the picture on page 4 resembles your laptop

if not i hope you get the idea

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
HP Recommended
thank you, but it seems that the wireless indicator on my quicklaunch pad is only that: an indicator. Also disturbing is that the Wireless Assistant gray's out the option to turn my wireless on. I'm lost....
HP Recommended
thanks rick, but that appears to only be an indicator on my computer.  i don't know what to say except "thank you".
HP Recommended

i work in retail and have seen them on newer models

fortunately i don't have the n-type wireless on my computer

that was before manufactures started putting the n-type wireless

and if you see the wireless symbol and should be a button

with the circle shape there if so just pucs like you do on keyboards

but if not should be somewhere on the laptop

also you can (dis)enable using your taskbar at the bottom right corner

and also you can select to see all connection

and for the wireless on laptop

you should see a list of router(s) and select to connect and put in

the password if it prompts you

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
HP Recommended

Hello,

It appears that you may have a WLAN driver related issue,

a few things to try,

Update the BIOS - THere is a support document that may be the fix to this issue

Notebook PC Wireless LED Remains Amber and Wireless Does Not Function

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01631229

# 2  

Please uninstall the WLAN driver from Device Manager then go into Recovery Manager - Advanced  section to reinstall the HW driver for the WLAN driver. If this works for you then - Go to HP.com and download the latest ROM and WLAN driver for your Notebook model - both the broadcom and Intel drivers have been updated to help resolve hang or WLAN stop responding symptoms. Here is a document on using recovery manager -

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00809678

Instructions for removing WLAN driver

GO to Start > My Computer - Right Click then go to Properties - Select the device manager and then go down the list to Network adapters - expand the list then you should see the WLAN adapter - right click on this the uninstall - If you do not see the WLAN adapter then you should call 1 800 HP Invent to get service for your notebook.

regards,

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
HP Recommended

This post was correct. On my brand new HP Pavilion dv7 notebook, the wireless button is to the left of the wireless led and on the SURFACE to the left of this led light. Why couldn't HP include this in it's documentation on the notebook instead of telling the user (me) to go to the manual?

HP Recommended

My router company says I turned it off but I can't find it to turn it back on...what to do?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.