Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I just recently bought a new printer HPEnvy 4500.  I set it up today and i was able to print the test page no problem.

My issue is that I cannot seem to connect my laptop to the printer therefore i could not print anything wirelessly.

I have followed the troubleshooting guide and all instructions i can think of but still no luck.

Can someone please help me. 

thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

http://www.hp.com/global/us/en/wireless/printer-setup-help.html

Hi,

Hope the URL will be able to provide some guidance,  Basically, your laptop and printer would need to be in the same network. You can use the Software which will attempt to setup wireless seamlessly through the "Automatic Wireless Connect"

Ensure that the router has no Mac address filtering and no antivirus is blocking the install.

All the best!

Please click on "Kudos" if this has helped you in any way.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I'm having a hard time reconnecting by printer. I wanted to delete a printing mistake I did, and I ended up deleting by printer.

HP Recommended

Hi @dianaortiz55

Thanks for using the forum.

Can you go to "Start" > HP folder > HP Envy 4500 > Printer Setup and Software  > Connect a new printer

Walk through the steps to setup your printer again.

If you are using USB connection, please insert the USB cable ONLY when prompted to do so by the software.

If you have not installed the FULL feature software before, then please download the FULL feature software for HP Envy 4500  from this link :

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-4500-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5304875/mod...

Please select the correct Operating System nd FULL feature software before downloading and installing.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

My printer has lost contact with my Mac computerr

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.