Question

Top Student
Jess101
Message 1 of 12 (422 Views)

Cannot connect to Wireless network....please help me

Hi,
I have HP G62 Notebook PC laptop. Product number is XT795PA#ACJ.

The problem which I m facing is that I am able to connect to Internet by cable. But wireless is not working on my laptop.
In task bar, where internet connection is displayed, it shows a red cross symbol. When I hover it, it shows "this device is disabled in device manager and cannot be enabled from wireless assistant" and in HP wireless assistant bluetooth device status is shown disabled.

Also, when I click on the red cross icon, it does not display any list of wireless networks. Also, when I click on "Open network & sharing center", and then click on "Change Adaptor settings", I see only Local Area Connections. There is no Wireless Netwrk Connection shown.
I have also checked Device manager...all adaptors listed under Network Adaptors are okay, no red excalimation sign or information sign is displayed against them and looking into their properties shows device status as "This device is working properly".
SOmeone please help me. I will be very thankful..

Thanks,
Jess
Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 12 (410 Views)

Re: Cannot connect to Wireless network....please help me

Jess101 wrote:
Hi,

The problem which I m facing is that I am able to connect to Internet by cable. But wireless is not working on my laptop.
In task bar, where internet connection is displayed, it shows a red cross symbol. When I hover it, it shows "this device is disabled in device manager and cannot be enabled from wireless assistant" and in HP wireless assistant bluetooth device status is shown disabled.

Also, when I click on the red cross icon, it does not display any list of wireless networks. Also, when I click on "Open network & sharing center", and then click on "Change Adaptor settings", I see only Local Area Connections. There is no Wireless Netwrk Connection shown.
I have also checked Device manager...all adaptors listed under Network Adaptors are okay, no red excalimation sign or information sign is displayed against them and looking into their properties shows device status as "This device is working properly".

Thanks,
Jess

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1744828/wifi-connection-dell-laptop.html

Hi,

It looks to me that you have to turn the wifi manually on by pressing some key combination. Try F12 + ctrl or F12 + fn.

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Top Student
Jess101
Message 3 of 12 (373 Views)

Hi... i tried this, but it didn't work. Already that key F12 is on. Just to add my laptop brand is HP and OS is Windows 7.

Thanks,

Jess

pepe999 wrote:

Jess101 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Jess

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1744828/wifi-connection-dell-laptop.html

Hi,

It looks to me that you have to turn the wifi manually on by pressing some key combination. Try F12 + ctrl or F12 + fn.

Teacher
enlightlanka
Message 4 of 12 (341 Views)

try toggling the f12 button and see whether it works

if not open run and type ncpa.cpl and see whether wifi is disabled, if its disabled right click and enable it

if wifi is not shown download the wifi adapter for your laptop

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Top Student
Jess101
Message 5 of 12 (328 Views)

Hi...I tried toggling f12, it did nt help and also I don't see any wireless network connections on running ncpa.cpl command. All I see is local area connections in that window. if downloading wifi adaptor will resolve the issue, can you plz tell me which adaptor and from where to download it?

Also, I would like to mention that when I went to bios and did load setup default, I could connect to wireless netwrok for 2 minutes but then it again went off....strange!

Will earnestly wait to hear from you.

Thanks
Jess
Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 6 of 12 (321 Views)

Jess101 wrote:
Hi...I tried toggling f12, it did nt help and also I don't see any wireless network connections on running ncpa.cpl command. All I see is local area connections in that window. if downloading wifi adaptor will resolve the issue, can you plz tell me which adaptor and from where to download it?

Also, I would like to mention that when I went to bios and did load setup default, I could connect to wireless netwrok for 2 minutes but then it again went off....strange!

Will earnestly wait to hear from you.

Thanks
Jess

I suggest to replace the CMOS battery. This is really strange and the battery might be it..

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Teacher
enlightlanka
Message 7 of 12 (287 Views)

to download the wifi adapter please give me your laptops full name and if possible the product number too

if there are more than 1 wifi adapters to download  open the hp support assistant on  your pc if you dont have it download it from the following link  

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

after installing or opening it click internet and security and under specifications check whether wireless lan is shown if shown the name of the adapter may be mentioned there if wireless lan is not mentioned it means the adapter is missing.

Top Student
Jess101
Message 8 of 12 (275 Views)

Hi,

These are details of my laptop :  HP G62 Notebook PC laptop. Product number is XT795PA#ACJ.

Please let me know which wireless adaptors I need to download and from where?

Thanks,

Jess

Teacher
enlightlanka
Message 9 of 12 (240 Views)

typing your laptop name brought more than 200 results typing your product number brought no result

it is easy to find the problem if you try these steps

open the hp support assistant on  your pc if you dont have it download it from the following link  

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

after installing or opening it click internet and security and under specifications check whether wireless lan is shown if shown the name of the adapter may be mentioned there if wireless lan is not mentioned it means the adapter is missing.

by doing these we can find the problem

Top Student
Jess101
Message 10 of 12 (202 Views)

Hi,

In HP Support Assistant, I do not see any listing of Wireless Connections. Please advise what should I do?

Thanks,

Jess

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation