Question

Student
wannabexcite
Message 1 of 4 (16,829 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cannot enable Bluetooth in HP8440p

I am using HP EliteBook 8440p,with Window 7 professional.  I installed the Bluetooth driver downloaded from HP but the Wireless Asistant still showing my Bluetooth as disable, I can not enable and the caption say "This device has been disabled in the computer setup utility and cannot be enabled from Wireless Assistant.

the Bluetooth icon is also missing in Control Panel tray. Please advise.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (16,817 Views)

Re: Cannot enable Bluetooth in HP8440p

[ Edited ]

Hi:

I believe that message you are getting is that your Bluetooth device is turned off in the BIOS.

Go into your BIOS and enable it.

See page 8 of the link below:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01607517/c01607517.pdf

Remember to hit the F10 (save settings key) everywhere you make changes, and upon exiting your BIOS setup program.

Paul

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 4 (16,721 Views)

Hi,
Please check below link:
How to install HP Bluetooth driver under Windows 7.

To do eveything what is showed there you will need:

HP Wireless Assistant here  

Bluetooth Wireless here

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Student
Slavo
Message 4 of 4 (2,151 Views)

Thank you that works, I have had always problems with BTooth on 8440p on W7, since then all is fine, no more frustration on sudenly disconected wireless keybord.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation