09-18-2010 09:54 AM
I am using HP EliteBook 8440p,with Window 7 professional. I installed the Bluetooth driver downloaded from HP but the Wireless Asistant still showing my Bluetooth as disable, I can not enable and the caption say "This device has been disabled in the computer setup utility and cannot be enabled from Wireless Assistant.
the Bluetooth icon is also missing in Control Panel tray. Please advise.
This question was solved. View Solution.
09-18-2010 03:13 PM - edited 09-19-2010 09:28 AM
I believe that message you are getting is that your Bluetooth device is turned off in the BIOS.
Go into your BIOS and enable it.
See page 8 of the link below:
Remember to hit the F10 (save settings key) everywhere you make changes, and upon exiting your BIOS setup program.
10-05-2010 11:25 AM
Please check below link:
How to install HP Bluetooth driver under Windows 7.
To do eveything what is showed there you will need:
HP Wireless Assistant here
Bluetooth Wireless here
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)