Question

Tutor
jchiera
Message 1 of 8 (14,971 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cannot set up wireless internet connection on my new HP Pavilion dm4-1065dx, please help

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have received the HP Pavilion dm4-1064dx for my Birthday and I have formatted it and installed Windows 7 Enterprise Edition x64. I have installed the sound, graphic, and chipset drivers from the website. But I can't get my wireless internet to work again. I have tried all off the Wireless Drivers for my laptop from the Downloads & Drivers page but nothing has worked. I have tried to find HP Wireless Assistant but I have not been abe to find it and I am not sure if that will fix my problem. If anyone knows what I can do to fix this please post.

- Thank You

Top Student
rbhagerstown
Message 2 of 8 (14,967 Views)

Re: Cannot set up wireless internet connection on my new HP Pavilion dm4-1065dx, please help

Click on Start, then Control Panel, type in ''wireless" in the search box.  HP Wireless Assistant should show up first.

rbhagerstown

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 8 (14,950 Views)

Re: Cannot set up wireless internet connection on my new HP Pavilion dm4-1065dx, please help

Hi,

If it's not in your system then link to this software You may find below:

HP Wireless Assistant here (ver 3.50.12.1 for 32/64 bit Win7)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Tutor
jchiera
Message 4 of 8 (14,947 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have downloaded the HP Wireless Assistant you posted and when I go to run it I get this message "This version of HP Wireless Assistant is not supported on this model". I have also gone into my Services and have Started and made sure the Start type for Wired AutoConfig and WLAN AutoConfig are set to Automatic. When I go into Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Manage Wireless Networks I click on "Add" and then a box appears and I click on Manually create a network profile and then this is what happens. It sayd this in the box "Windows cannot detect and wireless network interfaces"

---------EDIT----------

I have fixed the problem. I went into bios and seems my wireless card is a Broadcom as the FCC ID showed up as QDS-BRCM1050...which Google identified as a Broadcom BCM94313HMG2L. However HP has not put the correct drivers for this card on the site. Here is the link for the correct driver http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...s&lc=en&dlc=en
. I have also installed the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver and now my Wireless works perfectly.

Mark as Solved, please :smileyhappy:

Student
Staceyw
Message 5 of 8 (14,228 Views)

Student
rmaazar
Message 6 of 8 (13,941 Views)

thanks this also worked for my Tm2-2150us that had the same problem

Student
ElpyGER
Message 7 of 8 (13,565 Views)

Thanks a lot for that driver link. Solved the problem with my tm2 2105eg, too. Seems to be a systematic mistake.

Student
Karan25
Message 8 of 8 (13,078 Views)

Thank you! after three frustrating days this did the trick on my HP dm4-1050ca

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation