Compaq Presario CQ62-215DX wireless stopped working (766 Views)
Honor Student
SR97355
Message 1 of 2 (766 Views)

Compaq Presario CQ62-215DX wireless stopped working

Compaq Presario CQ62-215DX Notebook PC

Wireless adapter:  Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n

Running:  Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

Message when trying to connect to network_A:  "Windows was unable to connect network_A"

Bunch of us waiting here for baby to be born...the above referenced notebook PC was connecting to wireless for several days.  Today will not connect.  It sees the wireless network and tries to connect but will not connect.  Windows 7 troubleshooting finds nothing wrong with the adapter; said it reset the adapter.  Computer has been restarted.  Computer has been shutdown.  Battery has been removed.  Battery is now at 58%, but was at 93% when we first tried connecting today to the wireless network.

Two other laptops and three iPhones are successfully connected to the same wireless network.  For that reason, I have hesitated to restart/reboot the wireless router.

I'm the Geek of the group, so I'm stuck figuring this out.  I don't think anything has been installed recently--either hardware or software.  The owner of the laptop is currently running errands for mom-to-be, so I can't ask any new questions right now.  Did confirm before they left that it was successfully accessing the internet  here before today.

Thanks!

Honor Student
SR97355
Message 2 of 2 (761 Views)

Re: Compaq Presario CQ62-215DX wireless stopped working

UPDATE:

Removed one of the iPhones from the wireless network to see if the 215dx could connect in its place.  No go.  Now discovered the iPhone will not reconnect to the wireless network.

Unplugged router from power; waited a bit; plugged it back in...now everyone is happily back on the internet.

I don't like doing that.  At home, I download the stats and look at them before doing a hard power-off reboot of the router.  I couldn't do that here...don't know the access for this system.

But, at least everything seems to be working--even if my soul is not satisfied!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation