Question

Student
songbird0530
Message 1 of 2 (1,245 Views)

Connected to the Internet, but Can't Get Online

I have searched the forums about this problem a ton, tried everything people suggested for the problem, but I still could not fix the problem. I have an HP Mini 1000, model # 1151NR. Everything things says that I am connected to the internet, but when I go to get on Internet Explorer I can never get online. I've tried stuff with the connection as well as in the internet settings on IE. Every thing that people say to do to fix the problem has not worked at all. Please Help Me!

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 2 (1,234 Views)

Re: Connected to the Internet, but Can't Get Online

[ Edited ]

Hi,

songbird0530 wrote:

I have searched the forums about this problem a ton, tried everything people suggested for the problem, but I still could not fix the problem. I have an HP Mini 1000, model # 1151NR. Everything things says that I am connected to the internet, but when I go to get on Internet Explorer I can never get online. I've tried stuff with the connection as well as in the internet settings on IE. Every thing that people say to do to fix the problem has not worked at all. Please Help Me!

Windows XP:

Start button

Run

Type in cmd

in the command window type in ping www.google.com.  

Windows 7 and Vista: 

Start button.

type cmd

select cmd

type ping www.google.com

ping.PNG

The preceding image shows internet connectivity. If that is what you get then try another browser (FireFox, Google Chrome or Opera). You can close the cmd window by typing exit and pressing enter

Please post your results.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation