Question

Honor Student
PerpetualMatt
Message 1 of 5 (103 Views)

Constant Disconnections

Hello,

I've had a certain problem for some time now; it's been about 2 months. This pesky issue is a constant disconnection from my home WiFi internet connections.

About every 2-3 minutes, my Skype attempts to reconnect and none of my pages load. To fix this problem temporarily, I must disconnect from my internet connection then connect again. Sometimes when I reconnect, I must troubleshoot the problem using Window's automatic troubleshooting solutions. 

I have researched on Google and on multiple forums on how to resolve this problem. I've tried running virus scans and removing threats, updating certain drivers, refreshing my router, etc. However, none of these solutions seemed to have worked. 

My laptop is an HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, and the product number is A3E67AV. I've had this computer for about 2 years and it has not encountered such a problem before. 

This is an extremely annoying problem and I can't seem to fix it no matter what. It wastes a lot of my time and is obstructing my computer use. Please reply ASAP with a solution.

Thanks- Matt

HP Support Agent
Futoji
Message 2 of 5 (74 Views)

Re: Constant Disconnections

Hello Matt, welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that your having an issue with the notebook staying connected wirelessly. I will try to help you with this.

As you mention this was working fine for a while, have you made any changes to the notebook?
What's the currently installed operating system?

In the meantime read over this document:
Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

Futoji
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
PerpetualMatt
Message 3 of 5 (55 Views)

Hi,

Thanks so much for replying. I'm currently running Windows 7 (64-bit) and I haven't made any changes to my computer.

Thanks- Matt

PhD Student
PeerOne
Message 4 of 5 (51 Views)

PerpetualMatt wrote:

Hi,

Thanks so much for replying. I'm currently running Windows 7 (64-bit) and I haven't made any changes to my computer.

Thanks- Matt

What kind a router do you have and whom is your ISP? You sure your router isn't the problem or a bad ISP line?

Asking For Help - Some Basic TIPS.
1. What is the Product Number?
2. What O/S is installed? If need be.
3. Which Wifi Device Hardware is installed? If need be.
4. Give Much Details as to the problem if possible.
Honor Student
PerpetualMatt
Message 5 of 5 (36 Views)

I apologize for not adding this to my original details. It is not my internet; I know because I have tried to connect to 2 of my friend's different WiFi. I also went to a couple of public WiFi zones such as Starbucks and McDonalds; however, the problem is consistent no matter where I go.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation