Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi

I have recently bought : HP ProBook 450 G0

Product Number:   C5F33AV

have  windows 8.1 - 64 bit  running over it.

am trying to install bluetooth. But cannot find drivers or the hardware.

the device manager shows following wireless card :

Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11bgn WiFi Adapter

does my laptop even has bluetooth or not ?  if it has then where can I get / download drivers for bluetooth ?

regards.

Omar

HP Recommended

Dear Experts ,

I've been facing issues with my HP Probook 430 G1 - Notebook since I did a clean installation of Windows 8.1 N Pro ..

1.) My Blue tooth won't work, I have tried to install Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 Series Bluetooth 4.0+HS ( SP64116 ) latest drivers that doesn't help but. It shows under unknown device list, if I uninstall it and scan for hardware changes .. it shows under Bluetooth Device but with  ERROR stating cannot work as driver was not installed.

But the driver is installed as stated above. When I click on update drivers it searches for drivers, finds one online .. tries to install it but then again fails saying the INF file doen't have a entry required to install the product !! Contact hard ware vendor ..

When I try through Win Update , i get the two driver update for the Qualcomm Bluetooth device , but when trying to install it fails again ..

If I go to the add remove programs and try to uninstall Qualcomm Blutooth Suit (64) , that too fails with an error stating installer was intrupted unexpectedly etc ...

????

2.) My second problem is that I'm not able to install the HP Client Security Manager  ( SP64399 )          I have downloaded the latest release for WIn 8.1 , when installing towards the end it throws an error 1101 / 1001 .. Thats all and it rolls back !!

What do I do with these issues ? Should I go back to Win 7 ? Or is there anyproper worth while solutions for these problems !!

HP Recommended
I have a windows 8. So how can i active bluetooth in my laptop, or which software i can dawnload? Could anyone ans me plz.
HP Recommended

hello we have problem that our hp have many function and some function are not work properly

HP Recommended

Hi.

I have an Elitebook Folio 1040 with Windows 8.1 and all the required drivers installed.

My question is, if I insert a SIM into this computer, what software would I have to use in order to make phonecalls, send/recieve texts, and use internet?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Finally found the solution after 3 weeks.  Tried and manupulated all drivers and NIC lan card of my hp laptop dv6 7011tx.

UNINSTALL HP Quick Launch which caused the whole lot of problems and do the following 

- Shut down laptop

- Remove power cable & battery

- Press power switch for 30 sec

-  Attach power

- Power up laptop without battery

- Switch on wifi ---it works

- Now switch on the laptop with battery

HP quick launch describes itself as "

Description

This package contains the HP Quick Launch Software, which enables special function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, the HP Quick Launch Software enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system information. This software works with the supported operating systems. "

Note  :
                          This is the main problem.  I have found after seeing the internal working of this driver.  It caused the keys to work in its own described way thus overriding the wifi f12 button functionality to change from orange to white or white to orange.

After  and when restarting :
                                                       Put the computer to sleep and wake it up to find wifi on.

On normal shutdown and booting:
                                                                   Wifi works perfectly.

Note to HP:

Please check the working of HP Quick Launch Software.  I could find its algorithm and functioning and its made to override the default windows 8 key designed for HP.

Give me kudos if it works. 
Give me kudos if it works. And mark it is a Solution.

Thank you all for support and help.

Rahul
HP Recommended

thanks

HP Recommended
my laptop is HP pavilion 15-n209eia and it cannot detect hotspot and even if it does, it's not stable. What could be the problem?
HP Recommended

I JUST INSTALLED WIN8 ON MY HP630 AND MY WLAN/BT IS NOT RESPONDING WHEN I HIT THE BUTTON IT SAYS OFFLINE MODE ON/OFF YET IT AIN'T WORKING. I THINK IT SAYS COMPACTIBILTY ISSUES WHEN I THEY R-INSTALLING THE DRIVER.  IF YOU CAN HELP ME ON THIS PLEASE DO, BECAUSE I'M TEMPTED TO REVERT TO WIN7.

THANKS

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.