Honor Student
Giovanny
Message 1 of 4 (3,412 Views)

DNS SERVER!!

I have a Pavilion dm4 2165dx.

the product number is QE375UA#ABA

windows 7 home premium, 64 bit operating system

This is what get most of the time!!

"The server at www.google.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Check your DNS settings. Contact your network administrator if you're not sure what this means.
Try disabling network prediction by following these steps: Go to the wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood and deselect "Predict network actions to improve page load performance." If this does not resolve the issue, we recommend selecting this option again for improved performance.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address."

I  dont know what the problem is because my room mates laptop always work and never has the problem that i do. 

i have no idea what to do. I've factory reset it once. Any help? Ive tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work.

its connected wirelessly to a 

SURFboard®
SBG6580
Wi-Fi Cable Modem Gateway

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 4 (3,405 Views)

Re: DNS SERVER!!

Hi,

Try the following.

First, from the Start Menu, open All Programs, open Accessories, right click the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'.  Into the prompt, type the following command and hit. enter after each command.

ipconfig /flushdns                         ( Note that there is a space between ipconfig and the / )

Now type exit and hit enter.

Next, open windows Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Centre.  Click Change adapter settings and in the following window, right click your wireless connection and select Properties.  Left click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) to highlight it ( click on the wording and not the box with the tick ) then click the Properties button.  Click the radio button next to 'Use the following DNS Server Addresses' and enter the following values.

208.67.222.222                        ( These addresses belong to OpenDNS )

Click Ok in all open windows and then restart the notebook.  When windows has fully reloaded, check your connectivity.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Giovanny
Message 3 of 4 (3,303 Views)

ive tried this and it doesnt help. I somehow fixed it last time but i forgot excatly what i did. and now the same thing is happening. it works for a little while and then stops working and it just keeps going on like that. any idea?

Student
agrego17
Message 4 of 4 (3,055 Views)

This didn't work for me either. I feel like I've tried everything. Plz help. Pavilion dv9308nr
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation