08-17-2014 09:22 AM
I just formatted my old computer and I have some problems with my Internet connexion. According to the people of the technic support, I need basic drivers for the my HP Pavilion g7-1173ca for the following devices, currently being Yellow Highlighted by the Device Manager:
1. Ethernet Controller
2. Network Controller
3. PCI Device
4. PCI Simple Communications Controller
Your help is requested and reply is anxiously awaited.
Thanks in advance.
This question was solved. View Solution.
08-17-2014 10:24 AM
PCI Simple Communications Controller:
Please do the following so I can find out what model wireless card your model uses...
Go to the device manager, find the Other Devices category, and click on the Network Controller needing drivers.
Then click on the Details tab at the top of the network controller window.
Now you see a Property drop down list and it is defaulted to Device Description.
Drop down on that and select the second item on the list (Hardware ID's).
Post the top string of characters that begin with PCI\VEN.
08-17-2014 10:36 AM
Thank you for the fast reply! I really appreciate it!
The top string is the following :
If needed, the others below are :
08-17-2014 11:33 AM
You're very welcome.
Below is the link to the wireless card driver you need...
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)