Question

Tutor
frustrated210
Message 1 of 30 (3,616 Views)

DV6000 wireless issues

[ Edited ]

I agree with all those who posted here! Come on HP can we get an answer from Corporate as to WHY dv6000 laptops and others just stop recognizing that they have a built in wireless card! Judging from the amount of people with this issue the company would be running at a loss!!!!!!

Anyone who gets an answer please post

Honor Student
bretkeaton
Message 2 of 30 (3,569 Views)

Re: DV6000 wireless issues

I am now totally convinced that these HP Notebooks are crap and these guys do not care that we are having problems out here.

I now have two laptops that have wireless built in wireless card problems. The first had to be repaired (by HP) and now a year later the problem has reoccurred.

The second laptop now works reasonably well but at least once a day has to be shut down and rebooted in order to get the built in wireless to recognize their is wireless out there.

My company is making a concentrated effort to NOT buy HP laptops any more. We are also planning to buy another manufacturers printer as we replace our printer.

Honor Student
karl1959
Message 3 of 30 (3,527 Views)

I totally agree with you, If its an inherent problem then they must have known about this earlier, they cannot sell an item that is known to be faulty, I have the very same model a pavillion DV6000, My screen went blank the same, and kept switching itself on and off, after a good smack on the underneath of the unit it came on and i have had no problems with it since. Until last week when i switched it on, the  broadcom network card went wrong or as i thought, a new one was bought and the same thing happened, I then found out that the card was not being picked up by my device manager. this is an inherent fault and HP are not doing anything about this, my laptop is only 2 years and 6 months old, I have always bought HP and all my products are HP but now I am afraid that my mind is being rapidly changed, I am a manager at a high school and I decide who and what brand of I C T equipment to buy, Which runs into tens of thousands of pounds, ooops big mistake HP. I am going to take this further, If you buy a car that is deemed faulty 7 years later.. all those cars are recalled and parts replaced. Take a leaf from TOYOTAS books, Wake up HP

Honor Student
karl1959
Message 4 of 30 (3,497 Views)

I am totally convinced not to buy another  HP product for as long as i live, All my computers and printers are HP, This has really done it for me, I have spent £18,000 in the past 3 years with HP,  Maybe their moto should be HP total careless.

Take a leaf from Toyota's book. Recall and repair.

Honor Student
wesmccalley
Message 5 of 30 (3,484 Views)

I'm getting the same issue today with my HP Pavilion dv6208nr Notebook PC (DV6000). I wonder if HP released an update or something recently that's killing the ability for the wireless device to be recognized? This sucks.

Honor Student
riveraboyzmom
Message 6 of 30 (3,470 Views)

I agree that HP is being careless.  They know the issue is occuring because it is listed on the site with the Limited Warrenty Service Enhancement.  It indicates that if your model is listed you are eligable for a free repair.  When you call them they tell you that you have to have a current warranty to get it repaired for free.  So there is a wording issue and of course the customer is not right.  I guess I have to go to another brand to see if I get better service.  

Tutor
prefer_linux
Message 7 of 30 (3,416 Views)

ok y'all! i also think m$ networking blows. but the workaround is.... ALWAYS KEEP AN EXTERNAL WIRELESS CARD HANDY!! i dont expect everything to go 100% even on new stuff. the world just doesnt do that much QC anymore. my built-in wireless has gone out before and i use a pcmcia. but i really like most of the other features and the price was great. and i dont have a lot of faith in the cd/dvd's so i also bought an external just in case. still a good deal all around.

everything is easy - or should be.
Honor Student
pjjf43
Message 8 of 30 (3,265 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Adding my name to this and other huge list of people reporting the same **bleep** thing.  I can't [text removed] believe this.  Like most other people I've tried every **bleep** suggestion to get my wireless card recognized and working on my HP DB6000 laptop.  Nothing works and nothing from HP to help.   I always bought HP and used to work for HP.  When working for HP I was always urged to keep the customer first in everything I did.  Those days must be long gone.  HP has turned its back on its customers and very quickly losing the ability to recover from this huge black eye. Shame on you HP, really shame on you, you've made some $ but at what cost to your reputation.

PJ

Student
Jen_X
Message 9 of 30 (2,949 Views)

I just got off the phone with someone from the Corporate office. She basically told me, to bad ,that I have had my computer for 4 years and it is time to get a new one. What was I complaining about! My extended warranty ended in Nov 09, but I feel that HP has known about this problem since 07. Am I wrong to think they should have done a recall. She said the problem didn't include my series. Tell my computer that!!! NO Wireless, NO support, NO more HP....

Jen

Student
vscharon46
Message 10 of 30 (2,825 Views)

Paid AT&T $129 to find out that my wireless switch was "corrupt".  Contacted a computer store & Best Buy to learn that this problem is WIDESPREAD & even after "fixed" will occur again & again because HP isn't fixing the problem -- only replacing the switch -- not the connection to the mother board.

Have a Dell laptop that we bought reconditioned about 10 yrs ago.  Have NEVER had to take it in for repairs -- whereas this one seems to "need" something on a yearly basis. 

Worked for a company that used HP products exclusively & had no problems so thought this would be a good purchase.  Turns out it will be the last computer from HP that I buy.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation