Question

Honor Student
xXxonins
Message 1 of 40 (83,707 Views)
Accepted Solution

ERROR: Unable to start Bluetooth stack service

[ Edited ]

I seldome use wireless features of my pc before, but now that i have wireless router i frequelty use it. I usually turn wireless switch on and off to conserve battery. I noticed everytime i switch the wireless on, after a few minutes an error message appears:

BTTray

ERROR: Unable to start Bluetooth stack service

I dont know if what's wrong with my laptop. Please if anyone can tell me if what's wrong with this thing. Thank you so much!

HP pavilion dv6820ee

Message Edited by xXxonins on 12-22-2008 05:27 AM
Master's Graduate
frprinterwiz
Message 2 of 40 (83,684 Views)

Re: ERROR: Unable to start Bluetooth stack service

Go here to your product download page and reinstall the software for bluetooth under networking:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3716846&lang=en

then under Network connections in the network and sharing window - see if you have a bluetooth adapter listed.  If you don't use bluetooth you can disable it or you should be able to configure it correctly.

If the fails then in Control Panel, under Adminstrative Tools, Services - locate the BTtray service and disable it. 

HTH

insert signature here
Honor Student
xXxonins
Message 3 of 40 (83,681 Views)

frprinterwiz wrote:

Go here to your product download page and reinstall the software for bluetooth under networking:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3716846〈=en

then under Network connections in the network and sharing window - see if you have a bluetooth adapter listed.  If you don't use bluetooth you can disable it or you should be able to configure it correctly.

If the fails then in Control Panel, under Adminstrative Tools, Services - locate the BTtray service and disable it. 

HTH

the version found o the support site is later than what i have. mine is 6.2 while the support site has 6.1. what doest this BTtray do? cant even do the second advice coz its prompting that i dont have the appropriate permission to do so even im logged as administrator and im the only user in this pc. I really appreciate your help thank you!
Master's Graduate
frprinterwiz
Message 4 of 40 (83,680 Views)

If you can't open the Service application under Adminstrative tools then you have more serious issues.  I would run a complete anti virus, spyware, adware and malware scans and clean your system up.  If that doesn't resolve you may want to post your issues to the software/OS  section to see if there is anything else we can do.
insert signature here
Honor Student
xXxonins
Message 5 of 40 (83,475 Views)

got it solved! thank you!
Top Student
Micbrig
Message 6 of 40 (83,074 Views)

How did you resolve this?  Thanks
Top Student
blackbearfan
Message 7 of 40 (75,276 Views)

spent 2 hrs with HP Chat.  Had me reflash the Bios and reinstall drivers etc.  all to no avail.  Today I went to the Intel download website and selected wireless networking and down loaded the drivers for wiFi Link 5100AGN for Windows7 premium 64.  Installed new drivers which had the same date as my previous driver but at this point I was trying any port in the storm.  I then went to the Broadcom Bluetooth software download site and downloaded the updated software.  Note download this to desktop first and then run from desktop...restart computer.  I had no error message appear when i turned on the bluetooth control and finally my Motorola s9 bluetooth headset could be setup and works.
Honor Student
wphughes
Message 8 of 40 (67,929 Views)

I had exactly the same problem I tried everything, uninstall drivers update drivers etc, spent 4 hours with HP they couldn't fix it (DV8T) so I used your fix (using the correct apps for my machine) and after I installed it and restarted it hung on the search for devices. However i was almost going to do a system restore and decided on one more restart and guess what IT WORKED, you are the only one on the web with the correct answer. I would suggest that users with this problem look in the task manager for Bluetooth stack service if it is there it will work, however until it shows there it may be something else. BTW Thanks

Info; HP DV8T
Description: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6200 AGN
Broadcom Bluetooth 6.2.0.1417 I7-820 8GB 256 SSD 500 7200 Hard Drives

Honor Student
timo_s24
Message 9 of 40 (58,296 Views)

i have the same problem can anyone help me

i have HP lap top DV6 3052 ee  support windows 7 home pemium 64 bit

can anyone have the software of bluetooh for my lap top??

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 10 of 40 (54,314 Views)

@ timo_s24 - Here is bluetooth driver for your notebook...ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47001-47500/sp47022.exe

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation