Elitebook 8440p WiFi Wireless Problems Elitebook disables Wifi itself (1492 Views)
Honor Student
MartinKi
Message 1 of 2 (1,492 Views)

Elitebook 8440p WiFi Wireless Problems Elitebook disables Wifi itself

[ Edited ]

Hello Guys,

I got a serios Problem with my 8440p and its just 1 month old. I really like this notebook and I would like try to fix this issue before I send it in for a big repair. I've read a few threads with similar problems but I did not figure out a solution. I'm sorry if my english is not very good, I'm not a native speaker.

My system is Win 7 x64.

PN: SJ237UPR#ABC

Problem is as follows:

If I connect the notebook to a wifi, it connects to a wifi without any problem. The wifi symbol lamp turns from orange to blue. The windows network symbol shows the connecting and then connected symbol. I can enter the internet.

Everything is fine till then and this is what happens from time to time (~20 Minutes):

The notebook loses its connection. The network symbol shows a red x, the wifi symbol stays blue. I cant reconnect to the wifi-network it's just like i disabled the wireless adapter.

When I deactivate (it still shows the adapter as activated!) and activate the wifi adapter again the adapter reconnects itself to the chosen wifi-network. Everything works again till the next connection lost. I have to do the same "trick" again around every 20 minutes...

This seems not to happen with every Wifi. It doens't show up at me Wifi at home. It shows up at the University Wifi, the Wifi at home and the Wifi at a friends home.

The Notebook has "up to date" Drivers and Bios, as well as Energy Saving Software... 

Does anybody know how I can fix that?

Thanks,

Martin

Honor Student
MartinKi
Message 2 of 2 (1,456 Views)

Re: Elitebook 8440p WiFi Wireless Problems Elitebook disables Wifi itself

*push* Hope to see an expert around that can maybe help me...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation