Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I want to enable Bluetooth on my Envy m6.   I cannot find a "Bluetooth" icon when I go to adjust my settings.

What is the solution?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

Envy M6 is a searies of many models., what is yours ? Can you see something similar to this in Device Manager ?

bt_dev.png

Or something like this in the icons area (bottom, right corner)

bt_on.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes I can see similar to what you've posted in device manager.

My info:       Product #C2L91UA#ABA

S/N    [removed serial number reference]

Coes this help?

Thanks in advnace -

Ron C.

HP Recommended

In device manager, the only entries that I see available under "Network Adapters" are the following:

• Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter
  • Qualcomm Network  AR9485 802.11 b/g/n   WiFi Adapter
  • Realtek  PCLe  GBE Family controller

There is no "bluetooth" adapter of any kind.

I do have a bluetooth icon down in the lower right in the toolbar and when I hover over it, it indicates  "Bluetooth on HP"

I hope this helps.

Ron C.

HP Recommended

Follow the instructions on this HP document on using bluetooth devices to connect to a mouse,  a cel phone or other bluetooth enabled device.

If you right-click on the icon you can make your notebook discoverable and connect to another bluetooth enabled device.

The Qualcomm Network  AR9485 802.11 b/g/n   WiFi Adapter that you show in your previous post is a combo network adapter.

From the Maintenence & Service guide:

Atheros 9485GN 802.11b/g/n 1×1
WiFi and 3012 Bluetooth 4.0
Combo Adapt

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I have the HP Envy M6 1225dx laptop and am also wondering about bluetooth. I checked out the following link: Using Bluetooth Devices and see that it references what I am assuming is perhaps an older model laptop (1105DX). Why would bluetooth be on that laptop and not on the newer model (1225dx). When I looked at this computer in a Best Buy store, I asked a sales person about the bluetooth feature. I think they simply moved the mouse over to the right side of the screen and went to the search icon and typed in bluetooth. When they did this, an option came up that said 'add bluetooth device.' Since it said bluetooth, they told me that feature was on this laptop. Now it seems that I was misinformed.

The link above shows that there is a change bluetooth settings. I don't have this option. I don't have anything in network adapters that says bluetooth, and there isn't a bluetooth icon in the system tray.

HP Recommended

i have hp envy m6 1125. i am wondering weather tis laptop has builtin bluetooth or not. i've tried various drivers from HP site, but no solution. this is SOS msg

HP Recommended

Hello faruqui,

Please take a look at this document, and let me know if the troubleshooting steps help resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

thanx for early reply. through the document it seems my computer does not have preinstalled blutooth harware. probably I've to use external device :Crying:

HP Recommended

They are inexpensive, and you now have a document to help troubleshoot if you need it!  🙂

Good luck faruqui!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.