06-11-2010 03:00 PM
I have posted this before to no avail...
I have a HP Pavilion DV6-2143ca running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. The wireless works fine and connects to an N network off my Linksys WRT160N router. However, when I plug the computer into the port on the back of the router via an ethernet cable, it does not connect. Here are the variations I have tried:
- Plug the notebook into the router - NO connection
- Plug the notebook directly into the model - NO connection
- internet IS connected when i go through wireless so there i no problem with my ISP or the router
- PS3 is WIRED to the router and it works
- Tried the SAME port as the PS3 with the SAME cable as the PS3 - NO connection
The orange light comes on and blinks indicating that it recognizes a connection. In network settings it shows a wired connection but "no internet access". When I switch back to wireless, it connects right away.
Can anyone help?? I hate calling HP tech support. They are completely incoherent and very frustrating to deal with.
10-25-2010 12:58 AM
My ethernet port is aalso not working and all the troubleshooting I have done leads me to believe it is the port driver which is corrupt. Can someone help me to fix this problem. Hopefully this forum will help me. My computer is a HP Pavillion s3680a Home PC.