Question

Honor Student
Meegemini69
Message 1 of 8 (917 Views)

Every time I try to download something Internet Explorer stops working and closes.

HP Envy 17  notebook pc

Product # XH051UAR#ABC

Windows 7

Erroe Message:  Internet Explorer has stopped working

No changes has been made prior to this issue.  I only had this laptop for 1 week now and rarely use it.  The only thing i have on here is Norton and all the updates it promps me to download after powering on the laptop

Teacher
aansi
Message 2 of 8 (912 Views)

Re: Every time I try to download something Internet Explorer stops working and closes.

Your notebook is virus infected. pl. make data backup and reset notebook at factory setting then use Internet Explorer / Firefox
Honor Student
Meegemini69
Message 3 of 8 (900 Views)

Re: Every time I try to download something Internet Explorer stops working and closes.

I already have Internet Explorer and I tried to download Firefox but thats when i get the error message "Internet Explorer has stopped working" and it shuts down or restarts.  This laptop is BRAND NEW.  What should I do?

Teacher
aansi
Message 4 of 8 (893 Views)

Hi
pl. make data backup and reset notebook at factory setting by using recovery disk
Honor Student
Meegemini69
Message 5 of 8 (891 Views)

I did a factory reset last week.  So basically I have to do a factory reset everytime i want to download something.  There has to be a better solution. 

Teacher
aansi
Message 6 of 8 (886 Views)

Hi,
O.K u may use Mozilla Firefox or u need 2 u update Internet Explorer security update from Microsoft web site
Teacher
aansi
Message 7 of 8 (886 Views)

U also need a best antivirus protection like Norton or quick heal
Honor Student
Meegemini69
Message 8 of 8 (880 Views)

I have Nortons...I had to do a factory default reset to install Nortons.  INSTALLING is the PROBLEM....I can't unless i do a factory default reset EVERY TIME in order to install/download.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation