Question

Honor Student
Lawro
Message 1 of 8 (2,011 Views)

Frustrated New HP 2000 Notebook PC owner with no wireless!

10th July.20120 - I have a new HP 2000 Notebook PC, and i am really frustrated, the Wireless isn't working!! Why would HP not fix this before the Sell?. Who can kindly help  

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 8 (2,001 Views)

Re: Frustrated New HP 2000 Notebook PC owner with no wireless!

Hi,

Please check this:

http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/wireless/wireless_ts.htm

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Lawro
Message 3 of 8 (1,985 Views)

Thanks, i'll give it a try. Much Appreciated BH

Student
dianegarner120
Message 4 of 8 (1,901 Views)

I have a HP 2000 Notebook PC that I purchased in November 2011.  It is supposed to be wireless capable, but I can't figure out how to turn it on.

Top Student
thecommd
Message 5 of 8 (1,568 Views)

I have the same problem with a Notebook PC 2000.... I have updated the bios, the lan and wifi drivers. tested the HArd drive , Memory. Restored back to factory. and I still get a reboot when I connect to the lan or Wifi netwrok connections.

This is my Sons pc and everything works fine  ( from what I can tell) when I am not connected to the wifi or lan network connection. This is very interestsing. It appears to be a hardware/software conflict. But the event log is not conclusive. I have stopped all unnecessary services and uninstall all programs that are not needed. still after connecting to wifi or Lan the pc reboots between 30 secs to 1 min after. I changed the Reboot on error setting to not to reboot on error. Stil it occurs.. If anyone has suggestions let me know. Also, I have removed the Wifi card and checked this out. It still reboots on the lan when this is out.

The Bios show no menus to give me clues, The PC fan is working and the case is not hot. this is like clock work and not intermittant. it does it every time.

Boot up in safe mode without networking-- Does not reboot

Boot up safe mode with networking  - reboots approx 1 min after wifi or lan is connected.

If I turn the Wifi off - it does not reboot ( The lan is not connected)

Any suggestions.

HP has nothing specific to this.

( I have scanned for root kit viruses and any other trojans. None are found  now, I have done a factory restore several times since finding viruses when I forst looked at this)

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 6 of 8 (1,553 Views)

Hi thecommd:

Thank you for your inquiry:

I understand that you are  having a wireless issue..

I am sending you a link to a document on "Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)"click here.

If you require further assistance please reply back.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
thecommd
Message 7 of 8 (1,550 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks. but this is not a standard wireless issue. THis applies to also the lan connection.. !!

THis is a reboot intermittantly issue. This may be a virus issue. I was finally able to get it to stay up with the help of shutdownguard to down load the updates for the virus scanner.. the virus is tdss.a  I havent got it cleared yet but once I do then I will see if that is the cause.

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 8 of 8 (1,545 Views)

Hi thecommd"

Thank you for your response.

Please let me know the results once you have it cleared.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation