Question

Student
JT8000
Message 1 of 22 (57,530 Views)

Function Key to enable Wireless?

I have a HP Pavilion dv3000 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC; for some reason the touch 'button' for Wireless on/off is not working........my wireless is currently off and therefore I need a Function Key Combination to turn it on.

Cheers

Top Student
amaslaluno
Message 2 of 22 (57,459 Views)

Re: Function Key to enable Wireless?

I am having the same problem, light is orange, I got the message once that the device was having problems so Windows stopped it. Now I can't enable it, it is beyond frustrating. If there is a function key I would love to know!

Student
jan13898
Message 3 of 22 (57,107 Views)

Did anyone get an answer?  My HP laptop just started this same problem last night.  The help center says to use the function key combination..but no idea where to find what that combination is!

Thanks! j

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 4 of 22 (57,044 Views)

In case you haven't tried this. Go to control panel and select Icon view, find HP Wireless Assistant. You may be able to turn it back on there.

The other place is Windows Mobility Center also in the control panel.

You can turn it on or off in Windows Mobility Center as well.

Student
David_Lee
Message 5 of 22 (50,359 Views)

Fixed mine!!! I tried f2, fun & wireless key but nothing  happend, then I turned off my laptop, turned it back on and the wirelless button still wouldn't work. I tried the f2, fun & wireless key again and (!) it worked! Try turning it off then on & trying f2+fun+wireless

Student
robinbri
Message 6 of 22 (48,256 Views)

Hello,

I have a Windows 7 Pavilion 1314nr and I keep shutting off my wireless.  Could you please help me turn my wireless on by telling me the correct function key to push.

Thank you!

Robin

Student
RanchGal
Message 7 of 22 (46,775 Views)

I have an HP Pavilion dv6-1245dx using Vista.  The touch buttons (sound, volume slide control and wireless) all stopped working.  I found the answer http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Problem-in-wireless-button-volume-mute-button-and-vol... and it worked for me.  This is what I did:  logged off, disconnected everything plugged into the computer including electricity, took out the battery, pressed the power button for 30+ seconds, reinstalled ONLY the power cord (not the battery) and then powered back on.  The wireless button (and sound button and slide control) started working.  I then powered back down, reconnected everything, reinstalled the battery and then powered back up and everything is still ok.  Best regards to everyone.

Student
eishoodSince
Message 8 of 22 (39,413 Views)

may i pls know how the wireless switch can be turned on on compaq mini 110c-1100

Student
kingleon1970
Message 9 of 22 (32,461 Views)

need to no why my wi-fi switch is not working on the front of my pc what is function key combination  to make it work  need help 

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 10 of 22 (31,335 Views)

kingleon1970,

Could you please give me the product number for your computer?

If you need help finding it, you can use the following link:

Thanks,
Kyle
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation