HELP! HP Pavilion dv6 Enteraiment PC WIRELESS DISABLED Can't TURN ON (17615 Views)
Student
flower6464
Message 1 of 10 (17,615 Views)

HELP! HP Pavilion dv6 Enteraiment PC WIRELESS DISABLED Can't TURN ON

I don't know what happen, but when I turned on my laptop my wireless wasn't working. I tryed pushing the wireless icon, it will either say off or disabled. When I try to go in, the wireless is grayed out so I can not turn on. WHAT DO I DO?

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 10 (17,598 Views)

Re: HELP! HP Pavilion dv6 Enteraiment PC WIRELESS DISABLED Can't TURN ON

Check for the following:

1) Check in device manager if there are any error or conflicts reported

2) Check if the Wireless is turned on Windows mobility center

3) Uninstall Wireless Assistant and check if you are able to turn the wireless LED state from Amber to Blue

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Grad Student
alt_164
Message 3 of 10 (17,592 Views)

Also try this:

Open wireless assistant, click properties icon. Make sure all 4 check boxes are ticked including independent controls for installed wireless devices. If its already checked, try opening Services.msc. Look for wlan autoconfig, stop and restart the service then retry.

Student
NJUGUNA
Message 4 of 10 (15,343 Views)

Re: HELP! HP Pavilion dv6 Entertainment PC WIRELESS DISABLED Can't TURN ON

I am a computer technician in Nairobi Kenya and this problem took me over an hour to fix. There seems to be an issue with the bios of this model. This is how I solved it. If you can only get online using wireless use another computer to download this bios from the Hp Website http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-98701-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&... Copy the file to your DV6. Double click on the file and run it. Your laptop will restart automatically. On restart the problem will be resolved. In some cases I have come across so far, the WLAN may not work after the first restart. If it does not , shut down, remove power cord, remove the  battery and leave the laptop  for 5 minutes. Put the battery back and start the laptop. You will find WLAN now works.

Student
geceruhu201
Message 5 of 10 (12,767 Views)

geceruhu201

Student
jammyd0dger
Message 6 of 10 (12,702 Views)

Thanks Worked for me
This problem arose after I installed Windows Updates
Student
newfreshpeace
Message 7 of 10 (12,038 Views)

fiksenettsupersmart.png

Here is what i did to fix this. I went in Control panel -> Devices -> WLAN card -> Advanced

And choose activate on all the items.

Voila, no more problems. 

Student
rokib
Message 8 of 10 (6,781 Views)

I don't no what happent can't turn on wreless

Student
MelissaEllen
Message 9 of 10 (747 Views)

Since the update earlier in the week my PC Wireless on my Pavilion dv6-2110ax Notebook has been disabled and I cannot turn it on...its showing orange all the time. 

I have gone to HP Wireless Assist in control panel however when clicking on this, nothing happens (just stays grey).  I have run a variety of diagnostic tools to no avail and also tried some of the other tips appearing in this blog. 

One suggestion is to uninstall, however it appears to have done that by itself...any clues or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks, M

Student
divina
Message 10 of 10 (494 Views)

very helpful..Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation