Question

Honor Student
Andlou
Message 1 of 8 (2,934 Views)
Accepted Solution

HI, how can I scan a photo and only the photo witout the rest. On a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus ?

HI, how can I scan a photo and only the photo witout the rest. On a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus ?

When I scan I have my photo and all the white for the rest of the sceen

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 8 (2,921 Views)

Re: HI, how can I scan a photo and only the photo witout the rest. On a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus ?

Hello there. This depends on how you are scanning. Are you using a specific software to scan with? Also are you using a Windows or Mac computer? If you are using the HP Solution center software there is setting that can be changed to turn on and off the "Auto-Cropping" feature.

This can be found inside the scanning advanced options. Do you know which version of the HP Solutions Center you are using? If you let me know that I can get some screen shots for you.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Honor Student
Andlou
Message 3 of 8 (2,916 Views)

Re: HI, how can I scan a photo and only the photo witout the rest. On a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus ?

HI presently I use only the Scan option on the HP printer. I use both Windows and Mac computer. Is the HP Solution center software is part of the standard installation or on the installation disk ?

Honor Student
mikemaka
Message 4 of 8 (2,834 Views)

I am trying to scan my photos but instead of just scanning the photos, the printer is scanning the entire page with the photo. How do I just scan the photo?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 5 of 8 (2,827 Views)

You can't just scan the photo if it's on a page with text. You'll have to scan the entire page and use the cropping tool built into the scanning software. If you're scanning from the front panel, you won't be able to crop the photo.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
Andlou
Message 6 of 8 (2,820 Views)

Solution provided. 

Thanks

Honor Student
mikemaka
Message 7 of 8 (2,818 Views)

There is no text, it's just a regular photo but the printer is scanning the entire scan area leaving me with my photo in the corner + a huge white area. I cant find any mention of this auto cropping feature in the manual either... I don't want to manually crop because i have 16 photos and It take too long plus you have to be accurate to make sure there is no white in the crop
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 8 of 8 (2,812 Views)

There is no auto crop feature in the 8600 software. To get the size exact, you would have to manually set the size for the scans you are doing. You can find the setting by clicking the blue Advanced Settings link on the first scan window. That will take you to an area that will allow you to change the size of the scan area. Hope that helps.
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation