Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HI, how can I scan a photo and only the photo witout the rest. On a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus ?

When I scan I have my photo and all the white for the rest of the sceen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
There is no auto crop feature in the 8600 software. To get the size exact, you would have to manually set the size for the scans you are doing. You can find the setting by clicking the blue Advanced Settings link on the first scan window. That will take you to an area that will allow you to change the size of the scan area. Hope that helps.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello there. This depends on how you are scanning. Are you using a specific software to scan with? Also are you using a Windows or Mac computer? If you are using the HP Solution center software there is setting that can be changed to turn on and off the "Auto-Cropping" feature.

This can be found inside the scanning advanced options. Do you know which version of the HP Solutions Center you are using? If you let me know that I can get some screen shots for you.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

HI presently I use only the Scan option on the HP printer. I use both Windows and Mac computer. Is the HP Solution center software is part of the standard installation or on the installation disk ?

HP Recommended

I am trying to scan my photos but instead of just scanning the photos, the printer is scanning the entire page with the photo. How do I just scan the photo?

HP Recommended
You can't just scan the photo if it's on a page with text. You'll have to scan the entire page and use the cropping tool built into the scanning software. If you're scanning from the front panel, you won't be able to crop the photo.
Signature
HP Recommended

Solution provided. 

Thanks

HP Recommended
There is no text, it's just a regular photo but the printer is scanning the entire scan area leaving me with my photo in the corner + a huge white area. I cant find any mention of this auto cropping feature in the manual either... I don't want to manually crop because i have 16 photos and It take too long plus you have to be accurate to make sure there is no white in the crop
HP Recommended
There is no auto crop feature in the 8600 software. To get the size exact, you would have to manually set the size for the scans you are doing. You can find the setting by clicking the blue Advanced Settings link on the first scan window. That will take you to an area that will allow you to change the size of the scan area. Hope that helps.
Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.