Question

Student
shemp0091
Message 1 of 3 (3,702 Views)

HP 2000 laptop wifi connection problem

Im having a problem with my HP 2000 laptop. In order for me to get a good wifi signal I need to sit right next to my wireless router. All other wireless devices work ok all through the house so I know the wifi signal is plenty strong. Is there something I can do, or do i need to contact HP for a warranty claim? My warranty runs out in 3 weeks.

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 3 (3,694 Views)

Re: HP 2000 laptop wifi connection problem

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue also web link given below as well for your reference.

1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.

2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.

3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine.

4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.

5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.

6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.

Troubleshoot a Lost Internet or E-mail Connection on a Wireless Network (Windows 7)

Fix Network & Internet Connection Problems in Windows 7

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Intern
nikkil1
Message 3 of 3 (3,681 Views)

Re: HP 2000 laptop wifi connection problem

This maybe an interference issue. When you scan for avaialble networks, are there others? Try changing channels 1,6 and 11. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation