HP Compaq 6715b Wireless problem (3600 Views)
Student
kstanback
Message 1 of 6 (3,600 Views)

HP Compaq 6715b Wireless problem

I have a HP Compaq 6715b of which WIN7 was installed. Now the wireless is not working. It does not

show up in the Device Manager.

Any Assistance is greatly appreciated.

Student
andrewns
Message 2 of 6 (3,363 Views)

Re: HP Compaq 6715b Wireless problem

Did you ever get a response to this, kstanback? Wireless on my own 6715b is flaky - in one minute and out the next. Cheers

Top Student
xpertis
Message 3 of 6 (3,313 Views)

Is there an unknown device on the device manager? This might be the wireless card. You might check the windows 7 drivers for your computer on this site: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3356624&lang=en&cc=us..., and install the wireless lan driver.

Hope this helps.

Student
gry_langley
Message 4 of 6 (1,783 Views)

I am having problems with my 6715b too. I can't get the wireless to come on. I tried to look up my wireless on device manager and it doesn't even show the wireless card. My wireless used to work. I was able to download the driver for it. sp45524.exe from the website. I am using windows 7 32 bit. Any help would be appreciated. I'm all tapped out on ideas.

Student
coyotenq
Message 5 of 6 (1,687 Views)

It's a well known chipset defect.

Nvidia chipsets uses to get damaged. A design defect in the cooling system make all this notebook generations to die. The chipsets gets overheated and starts to fail loosing "the wifi" in first instance,, and ends with a general failure due to the damage generated, in the chipset, by the overheat.

Thanks HP, you find a way to make your products life shorter than usual, I still using HP, i like them, but this failure is really annoying.

Student
NewGuy85
Message 6 of 6 (1,614 Views)

Hello,

There's not a problem with hardware here. Again it's microsoft's fault :smileyhappy:

I had the same problem with my hp 6715b and after reinstalling the windows 7, everything worked fine for a while. Then I installed windows updates and  the wireles wouldn't turn on again and it wasn't shown in the device manager even if I tried to reinstall the driver.

An interesting fact was that although I couldn't acces the internet and the wireles and cable LAN adapter couldn't be installed, I could still choose an update from windows update center and windows downloaded it and installed it. Go figure..

Then I reinstalled the windows and installed only the drivers and Slovenian language pack. I also turned off windows update and wireless adapter works like a charm..

Best regards

Alex

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation