Question

Student
Otheus
Message 1 of 1 (1,215 Views)

HP ENVY 17-1080eo Notebook, slow internet speed issue, but my old pc is fine.

Hi.
I have a HP ENVY 17-1080eo Notebook.
I have innstalled almoust all the drivers for wireless connection from HP.com I didnt touched the BIOS updates.
Problem description.
Yesterday I used HP ENVY 17-1080eo Notebook to play the world of warcraft and I downloaded some stuff from the internet. All of this work was happening thru one router, wich I dont have a name for or any information, I think it was a belkin, but anyway. Everything went fine, the connection speed was very good, and I was happy with your product.
Today, I connected HP ENVY 17-1080eo Notebook to my home router and speed of my wireless connection was terrible. 
Since the first day, I have downloaded updates from HP.com , and microsoft. All the updates was downloaded from another router, not mine. I have also innstalled some programs like itunes and such. Here is the speedtest of my connection from my old PC- Download 2.33Mb/s Upload 0.45 Mb/s. Connection from HP ENVY 17-1080eo Notebook is, well, none, this new HP PC cant even download the speedtest website.
All drivers for wireless connection is innstalled on HP-pc.
Wireless information: Broadcom 43224AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter.
Bandwidth Capability: 11a: 20/40; 11bg: 20MHz 
My home router: Thomson ST546
I have bad speed on my new pc, and normal speed connection on my old pc. Im using the same router.  How can I change the speed connection on HP?
What information you can give to me, so I can solve this? 
Thanks you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation