06-02-2012 12:11 AM
I have a problem with my wifi. The button is always appearing orange, and nothing happens when I press it: no errors, no messages, no reaction at all. Therefore I cannot use wifi connection.
The laptop is kinda new: I am using it for only 2 months.
1. Product Name and Number
HP EliteBook 8560p
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
3. Error message (if any)
No error messages
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
My windows crashed and I recovered it from the archive created a couple days prior to that. Archive included all hard drives data, so system was restored exactly as it was prior to the crash. I am still not sure if this caused the problem (or if the problem appeared after that): it happened a month ago, and I didn't have WiFi available back then, and only tried to turn it on a couple days ago.
In device manager wireless card is showing up as working normally. In adapter management wireless connection is turned on but says "no connection available". If I run the diagnostics, it asks me to turn on WIFI with a button on my laptop, which I cannot do. In mobility center it says "wireless connection is turned off". Turn on button is gray, and impossible to click on.
Things I already tried:
- Reinstalled all HP drivers from the original CD;
- Removed WiFi card in windows device manager (deleted the device), restarted windows, installed new drivers for it, restarted again;
- Checked mobility center as was suggested in one of the threads found on this forum;
- Made a hard reset for HP laptop (removed battery, pressed on/off button for full minute).
Thanks for any help!
This question was solved. View Solution.
06-03-2012 03:38 AM
Somehow I managed to fix the issue...
Turned out that the whole problem was caused (apparently) by HP Power Assistant tool shiped with my laptop. Default profile was showing both bluetooth and WiFi gray, and it was not possible to switch them on. I created a new profile, and even though all the settings are identical to the default profile, it allows me to turn both BT and WiFi on and off without any problems. Button is working fine now as well, and switches from blue to orange when I press it. Checked WiFi and it is working.
Hope this helps.
09-11-2012 03:53 PM
I have the exact same problem!
Was the new Profille you created for the Power Assistant or a User Profile for Windows?
09-27-2012 06:43 PM
Hi Thank you for the suggestion. It worked perfectly for me. I just changed my power profile to Balanced (The default one) and then I could switch on my wifi from the software.
06-24-2014 05:05 PM
Had the same issue where the wireless switch would not toggle to on.. Uninstalled HP Power Assistant, rebooted, and it works!
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)