HP Envy 15 Wireless keep switch on and off when using keyboard (433 Views)
Honor Student
TONYNET
Message 1 of 7 (433 Views)

HP Envy 15 Wireless keep switch on and off when using keyboard

Hi,

The notebook I using already 2 years and working fine and good for me. I got a strainger problem that when I type any key on keyboard then the Wireless will auto disconnect and connect again, sometimes even enable and disable the wireless function (I see the wifi light on keyboard keep switch on/off).

I am pretty sure is the notebook problem because all other devices using the Router do not have this problem but only the HP one happen. I only installed "Blender" on that day and after already un-install it but the problem keep happened.

I am not sure is something crashed the setting or inflected virus.... I also did a full scan last night and no virus found.

Any comment is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Honor Student
TONYNET
Message 2 of 7 (407 Views)

Re: HP Envy 15 Wireless keep switch on and off when using keyboard

Recently, I have to plug network cable and working fine but just when I typing the wireless keep switch on and off, quite annoying...

Professor
npw05001
Message 3 of 7 (403 Views)

Hello TONYNET,

I see that you are having problems with the wireless key disabling whenever typing on the keyboard. I would like to help with this issue but i need some information.

Can you provide the product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

What operating system are you using?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Honor Student
TONYNET
Message 4 of 7 (380 Views)

Thanks for follow up, my product number is WG349PA#AB5 and I am running Windows 7 Pro. Thanks!

Professor
npw05001
Message 5 of 7 (376 Views)

Have you tried to do a system restore to an earlier date when the computer was working correctly?

Here is a link that explains how to do a system restore. This will not affect personal files.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Honor Student
TONYNET
Message 6 of 7 (366 Views)

Thanks for support, unfortunately, I don't have restore point on my notebook. I think I should create one when I fixed this problem. Please advise. Thanks!

Professor
npw05001
Message 7 of 7 (351 Views)

Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps for wireless issues. Follow the steps in the link and let me know what happens.

I would suggest trying to uninstall and reinstall the wireless adapter driver on your computer. You should be able to uninstall the adapter driver by accessing the device manager.

Signature

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation