Question

Student
driftking96
Message 1 of 2 (1,014 Views)

HP Envy 15-j084ca Wifi Limited Connectivity Issues

[ Edited ]

I just bought this laptop and everytime i connect to my wifi after downloading some files (which is what i do most of the time) my wifi connection goes to limited and it says no internet access but the wifi works fine on my ipod. I thought this was a router issue, so i contacted my ISP Bell Canada, but the problem still persists. It connects for a while and after some time it says limited. I have posted system specs and info, if you need anything else please dont hesitate to ask.

Any help would be really appreciated.

PS. The screenshot says HP 15-j092nr on the HP site but its wrong. Its actually HP Envy 15-j084ca.

Specs.png

EDIT: Forgot to mention i have done all these methods in an attempt to fix it:

Contacted my ISP and got a fresh router but issue still persists.

Uninstalled and reinstalled RaLink WiFi driver and didn't work.

Clear TCP/IP logs

set as metered connection

resetting router THREE TIMES

restarting router

checked for latest updates through Windows Update, HP Update, AMD Drivers website, HP Support Driver site and still didn't work.

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 2 (946 Views)

Re: HP Envy 15-j092nr Wifi Limited Connectivity Issues

Hello,

Please take a look at this document and let me know if the troubleshooting steps help to resolve your wifi connection issues. 

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation